The Navy Midshipmen and Pittsburgh Panthers will go head-to-head at Alumni Hall to start their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 135 points with Navy opening as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Navy Midshipmen Odds Preview
Pittsburgh was unable make the tournament following a 16-17 regular season campaign last season. Navy also was unable reach the tournament following a 16-16 regular season campaign.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Navy ranked 584th in possessions per game (64.2) and Pittsburgh was 493rd (67.4) in the 2016-17 season. Furthermore, the Panthers ranked 266th in offensive rebounding percentage (28.2 percent), while the Midshipmen ranked 60th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.3 percent).
The Panthers had records of 16-17 straight up (SU) and 14-18 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Pittsburgh’s 32 games with betting action last year, 19 finished under the projected point total.
The Midshipmen, on the other hand, were 16-16 SU and 3-3 ATS last season. Of Navy’s 6 games that accepted bets last year, 4 finished over the O/U total.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Navy Midshipmen ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, ATS Winner – Pittsburgh, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Midshipmen rank 137th in assists allowed per game (13.0) while the Panthers rank 277th (15.1).
- Pittsburgh ranks 147th in blocks per game (3.4) while Navy ranks 269th (2.1).
- Navy ranks 86th in steals per game (7.1) while Pittsburgh ranks 329th (3.8).
- The Midshipmen rank 11th in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while the Panthers rank 156th (34.9).
- Navy ranks 108th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Pittsburgh ranks 251st (22.2).