The Pittsburgh Panthers (11-4, 2-2 ACC) will be at the Watsco Center to square off with the Miami Hurricanes (9-5, 1-3 ACC) in an ACC matchup. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 12, 2020, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Pittsburgh Panthers at Miami Hurricanes ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Hurricanes were beaten by the 13th-ranked Louisville Cardinals, 74-58, while the Panthers beat the North Carolina Tar Heels, 73-65.
Pittsburgh played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.346 (above their season average of 0.265) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.529 (above their season average of 0.464). North Carolina was 0.164 and 0.451, respectively, for those same stats. Miami, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (16-19; 84.2 percent). Miami received a boost from Kameron McGusty, who recorded 18 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Trey McGowens had a solid performance for Pittsburgh, finishing with 24 points, eight assists and six rebounds.
The Hurricanes won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 76-63. The Hurricanes’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Panthers. Miami had a rate of 11.3, while Pittsburgh posted a mark of 20.5. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball security could play a key role in this matchup. Miami commits the 11th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 15.4 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Pittsburgh forces the 14th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 25.0 percent). Moreover, the Panthers rank 58th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.2 percent), while the Hurricanes rank 318th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.5 percent).
Pittsburgh Panthers at Miami Hurricanes Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, ATS Winner – Pittsburgh, O/U – Over
- Miami ranks 163rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while Pittsburgh ranks 248th (17.9).
- The Panthers average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 100th in the NCAA. The Hurricanes rank 122nd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Miami is 34th in the country with 5.4 steals allowed per game while Pittsburgh is 37th with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- The Panthers rank 154th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9) while the Hurricanes rank 239th (39.4).
- Pittsburgh ranks 171st in assists per game (12.3) while Miami ranks 212th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hurricanes have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average).