The Washington Wizards (4-2) will be at home in Capital One Arena when they clash against the Phoenix Suns (3-4). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 225.5 points with Washington set as a 13.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Arizona.
Phoenix Suns vs. Washington Wizards Free Preview
The Suns defeated the Brooklyn Nets, 122-114, in their last outing. Devin Booker was Phoenixs leading scorer with 32 points on 11-for-22 shooting. Phoenix played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.3 (above their season average of 20.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.521 (above their season average of 0.482). For those same stats, Brooklyn recorded marks of 11.1 and 0.456, respectively.
The Wizards will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Sacramento Kings, 110-83, in their last matchup. With 19 points on 7-for-12 shooting, John Wall was the top scorer from either team. Washington played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.571 (above their season average of 0.496) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 22.4). For those same stats, Sacramento recorded marks of 0.427 and 23.4, respectively.
The productive offense of Washington will clash against the mid-tier defense of Phoenix. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Wizards rank eighth in offensive efficiency, while the Suns are 26th in defensive efficiency. The Wizards should have the edge on that end of the court. Ball protection could be troublesome for the Suns. They rank 26th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.7 percent), while the Wizards have forced the second-most turnovers in the league (opponents turnover percentage of 14.9 percent).
Phoenix games have finished over 42.9 percent of the time, while games including Washington have finished over 50.0 percent of the time. The Wizards come into this game with a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-2 SU and 3-3 ATS, while the Suns are 3-4 SU and 3-3 ATS.
The Wizards won both games against the Suns last season. In the most recent contest, the Wizards won 106-101. Washington had a much better turnover percentage (9.4 vs. 17.7). Phoenix, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (29.5 vs. 26.4).
Phoenix Suns at Washington Wizards ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wizards rank seventh in assists per game (23.8) while the Suns rank 29th (19.4).
- Washington ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Phoenix ranks 29th (22.8).
- Washington averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks third in the league. Phoenix ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Phoenix ranks sixth in rebounds per game (45.2) while Washington ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (42.9).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Washington is 21-3 and Phoenix is 9-3.
- The Suns are 23-45 when they score over 100 points, while the Wizards are 56-30.
- The Suns average 47.2 points in the paint per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Wizards rank 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.1).
- Washington ranks second in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while Phoenix ranks 28th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.3).
- The Wizards average 15.9 fast break points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Suns rank last in fast break points allowed per game (16.0).
- The Wizards average 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 19th in the league. The Suns rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Phoenix ranks fourth in second chance points per game (14.7) while Washington ranks 26th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).