The Utah Jazz (38-30) welcome the Phoenix Suns (19-50) to Vivint Smart Home Arena. The Jazz are 12.5-point favorites and have won their last seven games, while the Suns have lost six consecutive games. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 212.5 points and action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Phoenix Suns at Utah Jazz ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Jazz had no trouble getting past the Detroit Pistons, 110-79, while the Suns lost big to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 129-107.
The Jazz had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (above their season average of 20.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.638 (above their season average of 0.522). Phoenix, on the other hand, held Cleveland to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.2 (below their season average of 19.7). Utah’s Rudy Gobert led the way, finishing with 22 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, T.J. Warren fueled Phoenix with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
Utah figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Jazz currently rank eighth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.510), while Phoenix is 30th in effective field goal percentage (0.494). It will also be a battle of opposite styles as the up-and-down Suns rank third in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Jazz rank 28th.
Games including the Suns have finished over the projected point total 49.3 percent of the time. Phoenix holds records of 19-50 straight up (SU) and 31-36-2 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Phoenix, a little over half of Jazz games have finished under the total. Additionally, Utah owns records of 38-30 SU and 37-31 ATS.
Gobert and Joe Ingles have played well over the last five games for Utah. Gobert has averaged 16.6 points, 13.8 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and 1.4 steals, while Ingles has recorded 14.6 points, 5.8 assists and 1.6 steals a game during that span.
The Jazz lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 204 points, which was under the projected point total of 212.5. Utah won 107-97 but was unable to cover as an 11-point favorite. Utah had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.0 vs. 11.1). Phoenix, meanwhile, made 12 of its 29 three pointers (41.4 percent). Gobert recorded a double-double with 14 points and 17 rebounds.
Phoenix Suns at Utah Jazz Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (19.9) while the Suns rank 12th (22.9).
- Utah ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (9.9) while Phoenix ranks 29th (14.8).
- The Jazz rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.0) while the Suns rank 25th (47.4).
- Phoenix ranks seventh in second chance points per game (13.4) while Utah ranks 27th (10.5).
- Utah averages 16.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Phoenix ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.7).
- The Jazz rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.7) while the Suns rank 29th (45.7).
- The Jazz rank 11th in blocks allowed per game (4.6) while the Suns rank last (5.9).
- Utah ranks fourth in steals per game (8.7) while Phoenix ranks 27th (6.9).
- Phoenix is 6-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Utah is 26-5.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Suns are 15-31 and the Jazz are 29-11.
- Phoenix is 19-15-1 ATS on the road, while Utah is 19-14 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 21 of the Jazz’s 33 home games, while 17 of the Suns’ 35 road games have gone over.
- The Jazz are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Utah has 4 unders and 1 over, while Phoenix has 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.8, up from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 104.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 120.8 points per game (7.1 above their season average).