The Phoenix Suns (23-34) will travel to Vivint Smart Home Arena to go head-to-head with the Utah Jazz (36-20). The Jazz opened as 8-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 223.5 points and it begins at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Phoenix Suns at Utah Jazz ATS Odds
The Suns will be looking for a similar result after covering the 3-point spread against the Chicago Bulls in their last contest, 112-104. The Jazz, on the other hand, were defeated by the Houston Rockets, 120-110, and were not able to cover as 2-point underdogs. The Phoenix game finished 6 points under the projected point total of 222, while the Utah game went 2.5 points under the projected point total of 232.5.
Phoenix played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6 (above their season average of 21.7) and a free throw rate of 0.302 (above their season average of 0.224). Chicago recorded marks of 26.8 and 0.217, respectively, for those same stats. Utah, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (19-24; 79.2 percent). Donovan Mitchell had a good game for Utah, putting up 31 points and seven rebounds. Deandre Ayton fueled Phoenix with 28 points and 19 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Rudy Gobert led the Jazz to a 96-95 win. He registered a double-double with 15 points and 18 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 191 points, which was well under the projected point total of 213.5, and Utah was unable to cover as a 4.5-point favorite. Utah was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Jazz made 32 of their 39 free throws (82.1 percent), while the Suns were just 16-23 (69.6 percent).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Suns games, with 29 unders compared to 28 overs. Phoenix heads into the contest with records of 23-34 straight up (SU) and 26-30-1 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Phoenix, Jazz games have a slight tendency to finish over the total (51.8 percent). Moreover, Utah is 36-20 SU and 27-27-2 ATS.
Utah could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their sharp-shooting offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the league. The Jazz currently rank third in effective field goal percentage (0.550), while Phoenix ranks 23rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.540).
Phoenix Suns at Utah Jazz Free Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (42.7) while the Suns rank 10th (44.1).
- Phoenix ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while Utah ranks 28th (14.1).
- The Suns rank 10th in fast break points per game (14.4) while the Jazz rank 26th (10.8).
- Utah ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (4.8) while Phoenix ranks 26th (5.8).
- Utah ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while Phoenix ranks 11th (12.5).
- The Suns rank second in assists per game (26.9) while the Jazz rank 26th (22.2).
- The Jazz rank 15th in points in the paint per game (48.2) while the Suns rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (50.1).
- Utah ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (31.7) while Phoenix ranks sixth (32.1).
- Phoenix ranks 12th in steals per game (7.9) while Utah ranks last (5.7).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Utah is 12-2 and Phoenix is 7-2.
- The Jazz are 35-14 when they score more than 100 points, while the Suns are 22-28.
- Utah is 13-13-1 ATS at home, while Phoenix is 15-13 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Jazz’s 27 home games, while 16 of the Suns’ 28 road games have gone under.
- The Jazz are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Utah has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Phoenix has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 113.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.2 points per game (5.7 above their season average).
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 1.3 for the season.