The Phoenix Suns (9-10), 1.5-point favorites, will travel to the Amway Center to clash with the Orlando Magic (9-11). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Arizona at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Phoenix Suns vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last matchup. The Magic (8-point underdogs) defeated the Washington Wizards 127-120, while the Suns (4-point favorite) beat the Charlotte Hornets 109-104. The Orlando game went 43 points over the projected point total of 204, while the Phoenix game went 9 points under the projected point total of 222.
Phoenix dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 6.5 (better than their season average of 12.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.494 (below their season average of 0.536). Charlotte was 16.5 and 0.488, respectively, for those same stats. The Magic, meanwhile, held the Wizards to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 21.9) and had a free throw rate of 0.222 (above their season average of 0.194). Orlando received a boost from Aaron Gordon, who finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Dario Saric, meanwhile had a solid performance for Phoenix, putting up 16 points and 10 rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Suns won 122-120. Phoenix had a better effective field goal percentage (0.574 vs. 0.531). Orlando, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (18-22; 81.8 percent). This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
Suns games have typically finished over the total (57.9 percent). Phoenix heads into the game with records of 9-10 straight up (SU) and 11-8 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Phoenix, just over half of Magic games have finished under the projected point total. Moreover, Orlando owns records of 9-11 SU and 6-11-2 ATS.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball security could play a key role in this contest. Orlando commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the NBA (turnover percentage of 12.8 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Phoenix forces the third-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 15.6 percent). Also, the Suns rank 28th in offensive rebounding percentage (19.2 percent), while the Magic rank fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.6 percent).
Phoenix Suns at Orlando Magic Free Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (31.9) while the Suns rank sixth (32.1).
- Orlando ranks third in blocks per game (6.5) while Phoenix ranks 26th (4.1).
- The Magic rank 12th in rebounds per game (45.8) while the Suns rank 26th (42.2).
- Phoenix ranks 12th in points in the paint per game (47.8) while Orlando ranks 25th (43.4).
- Orlando ranks 20th in second chance points per game (12.4) while Phoenix ranks 26th (11.2).
- The Suns rank second in assists per game (27.7) while the Magic rank 23rd (22.3).
- The Magic rank fifth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Suns rank 13th (7.4).
- Orlando ranks fifth in fast break points allowed per game (11.8) while Phoenix ranks seventh (12.4).
- Phoenix ranks second in points off turnovers per game (19.7) while Orlando ranks 17th (17.4).
- Phoenix is 2-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Orlando is 5-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Magic are 7-3 and the Suns are 9-8.
- Phoenix is 5-2 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 3-6-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Suns’ 7 road games, while 6 of the Magic’s 11 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Phoenix and Orlando are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Suns have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Magic have 3 unders and 2 overs
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 111.6 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.6 points per game (3.1 above their season average).
- The Magic have outscored opponents by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Orlando has been defeated by an average of 0.5 points.