The Phoenix Suns (2-2), 5-point underdogs, will be at the Chase Center to square off against the Golden State Warriors (1-2) in a Pacific Division matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 227 points and it can be seen on NBC Sports – Bay Area at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Phoenix Suns vs. Golden State Warriors ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Warriors (4-point underdogs) covered in a 134-123 win over the New Orleans Pelicans. The Suns fell to the Utah Jazz, 96-95, but did cover as 4.5-point underdogs. The Golden State game finished 21 points over the projected point total of 236, while the Phoenix game went 22.5 points under the projected point total of 213.5.
Golden State dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.8 and a free throw rate of 0.173. For those same stats, New Orleans put up marks of 20.8 and 0.117, respectively. Phoenix, meanwhile, forced Utah into a turnover percentage of 20.7 (above their season average of 17.1). Draymond Green played well for Golden State, racking up 16 points, 17 rebounds and 10 assists on his way to his zeroth triple-double this year. Meanwhile, Ricky Rubio fueled Phoenix with 10 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists.
The Warriors held the advantage in this series last year, securing victories in three out of four games. In the last contest, Phoenix won 115-111. One of Phoenix’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 27 trips to the line, while Golden State went 22 times.
Since last season, the Suns are 21-65 straight up (SU) and 41-43-2 against the spread (ATS). Just over half of Phoenix games have finished under the O/U total since last season.
Meanwhile, the Warriors, have records of 58-27 SU and 46-57-3 ATS since last season. Games featuring Golden State have gone under the projected point total 51.9 percent of the time over that same period.
Golden State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NBA. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Warriors rank first in offensive efficiency, while Phoenix ranks 29th in defensive efficiency.
Phoenix Suns vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Warriors rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while the Suns rank 16th (5.1).
- Phoenix ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (29.9) while Golden State ranks 27th (34.2).
- The Warriors average 18.4 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the league. The Suns rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (15.7).
- Golden State averages 29.1 assists per game, which ranks first in the league. Phoenix ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (25.6).
- Phoenix ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while Golden State ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.2).
- The Warriors rank seventh in points allowed in the paint per game (46.1) while the Suns rank last (52.4).
- The Suns rank second in steals per game (8.9) while the Warriors rank 21st in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Golden State ranks 17th in second chance points per game (13.1) while Phoenix ranks last in second chance points allowed per game (15.4).
- Golden State ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (43.6) while Phoenix ranks 27th (47.1).
- Phoenix is 6-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Golden State is 13-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Warriors are 72-25 and the Suns are 20-42.