The Detroit Pistons (13-6) will be at home in Little Caesars Arena when they go head-to-head with the Phoenix Suns (8-14). Detroit is a 12-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 218 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Phoenix Suns vs. Detroit Pistons Odds Preview
The Suns were victorious over the Chicago Bulls in their last contest, 104-99. Devin Booker was the games high scorer with 33 points on 10-for-23 shooting. Phoenix dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.195 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 24.1). For those same stats, Chicago put up marks of 0.074 and 17.0, respectively.
In the Pistons last game, they beat the Boston Celtics, 118-108. Detroit’s Andre Drummond led the way, recording 26 points, 22 rebounds and six assists. Detroit played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 7.8 (better than their season average of 13.1) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below their season average of 25.1). For those same stats, Boston had marks of 16.5 and 13.5, respectively.
The productive offense of Detroit (eighth in the league with an offensive efficiency of 106.9) will face off against the mid-tier defense of Phoenix (29th in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 109.3). The Pistons should have the edge on that side of the ball. It will also be a battle of conflicting styles as the up-and-down Suns rank third in possessions per game, while the more methodical Pistons rank 26th.
Of Phoenix’s 21 games with betting action, 13 have finished over the O/U total, while 10 of Detroit’s 19 games have finished under the projected point total. The Pistons come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 13-6 SU and 13-5-1 ATS, while the Suns are 8-14 SU and 8-12-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Pistons won the most recent matchup 112-95. The Pistons dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. The Suns were 17.7 and 0.384, respectively, for those same stats.
Phoenix Suns vs. Detroit Pistons Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Over
- The Pistons rank eighth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.0) while the Suns rank 29th (49.1).
- Phoenix ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.3) while Detroit ranks 28th (3.4).
- Detroit ranks eighth in fast break points allowed per game (9.4) while Phoenix ranks 29th (14.9).
- Phoenix is 4-3-1 ATS on the road, while Detroit is 5-3-1 ATS at home.
- In 8 road games, the Suns have 6 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pistons have 5 overs and 4 unders in 9 home games.
- Detroit is 7-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Phoenix is 2-1.
- The Pistons are 11-2 when they score over 100 points, while the Suns are 7-8.
- The Pistons rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (42.0) while the Suns rank 28th (47.2).
- Detroit ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while Phoenix ranks 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (20.1).
- The Pistons rank fourth in second chance points allowed per game (10.1) while the Suns rank 26th (14.0).
- The Pistons rank 14th in assists per game (22.6) while the Suns rank 27th (19.7).
- Detroit ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (7.3) while Phoenix ranks 28th (8.9).
- Detroit is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Phoenix is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pistons have been outscored by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Detroit has defeated opponents by an average of 2.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.2 points per game (4.9 below their season average).