A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the Toronto Raptors (40-15), who will be 7.5-point favorites when they challenge the Phoenix Suns (22-33) at Scotiabank Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 228.5 points and it will air on The Sports Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Phoenix Suns at Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last contest. The Suns (6.5-point favorites) defeated the Golden State Warriors, 112-106, while the Raptors (4-point favorites) were defeated by the Brooklyn Nets, 101-91. The Phoenix game finished 9 points under the projected point total of 227, while the Toronto game finished 32.5 points under the projected point total of 224.5.
The Suns held the Warriors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 21.6). The Warriors also had a turnover percentage of 20.5 (above their season average of 12.4). Toronto, meanwhile, held Brooklyn to an effective field goal percentage of 0.460 (below their season average of 0.517). Kyle Lowry played well for Toronto, collecting 12 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds on his way to his first triple-double this season. Phoenix, meanwhile, was lifted by Devin Booker, who put up 27 points, eight assists and five rebounds.
The Raptors dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last matchup, Toronto won 111-109. Toronto had a better effective field goal percentage (0.541 vs. 0.482). Phoenix, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (28-36; 77.8 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Just over half of the Suns’ games have finished over the projected point total. Phoenix comes into the game with records of 22-33 straight up (SU) and 25-29-1 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Raptors’ 55 games, 30 have finished over the total. Moreover, Toronto is 40-15 SU and 30-24-1 ATS.
Toronto should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Raptors rank eighth in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while Phoenix ranks 22nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.539).
Phoenix Suns vs. Toronto Raptors Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank second in fast break points per game (18.7) while the Suns rank 10th (14.2).
- Phoenix ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (31.9) while Toronto ranks 28th (38.6).
- The Raptors average 8.9 steals per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Suns rank 21st in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Phoenix ranks 10th in second chance points allowed per game (12.4) while Toronto ranks 25th (14.1).
- Toronto ranks 16th in blocks per game (4.9) while Phoenix ranks 27th (4.0).
- The Raptors rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (42.0) while the Suns rank 23rd (50.2).
- The Suns rank fourth in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while the Raptors rank 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- Phoenix ranks 21st in rebounds per game (43.3) while Toronto ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (46.6).
- Phoenix averages 26.9 assists per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Toronto ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (25.3).
- When allowing under 100 points, Phoenix is 7-2 and Toronto is 13-3.
- The Raptors are 38-9 when they reach the century mark, while the Suns are 21-27.
- Toronto is 16-12 ATS at home, while Phoenix is 14-12 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 14 of the Suns’ 26 road games, while 18 of the Raptors’ 28 home games have gone over.
- The Raptors are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 4 overs and 1 under, while Phoenix has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.0 points per game (2.6 below their season average).