The New York Knicks (3-4) will be at home in Madison Square Garden when they challenge the Phoenix Suns (4-4). Tip-off is scheduled for at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
Phoenix Suns vs. New York Knicks Free Preview
The Suns were victorious over the Washington Wizards, 122-116, in their last contest. T.J. Warren led Phoenix in scoring with 40 points on 16-for-22 shooting. Phoenix played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.373 (above their season average of 0.235) and a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 15.6). For those same stats, Washington put up marks of 0.261 and 10.2, respectively.
The last time the Knicks played, they were defeated by the Houston Rockets, 119-97. Tim Hardaway Jr. led New York in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Houston’s 0.182 free throw rate was their largest strength over New York, who had a mark of 0.122. The Rockets’ mark was below their season average of 0.231, while the Knicks’ was below their season average of 0.198.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for New York in this battle. The Knicks rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (26.6 percent), while Phoenix ranks 16th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.5 percent) dating back to last season.
Phoenix games have gone over 62.5 percent of the time, while games including New York have gone under 57.1 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Suns have a significant advantage. They are 4-4 SU and 5-3 ATS, while the Knicks are 3-4 SU and 3-4 ATS.
The Suns won both games against the Knicks last season. In the last game, the Suns won 113-111. The Suns played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.457. The Knicks put up marks of 19.6 and 0.428, respectively, for those same stats.
Phoenix Suns at New York Knicks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Suns rank fifth in points in the paint per game (47.4) while the Knicks rank 25th (40.7).
- Phoenix averages 45.2 rebounds per game, which ranks sixth in the league. New York ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (44.4).
- Phoenix ranks seventh in steals per game (8.2) while New York ranks 25th (7.1).
- New York ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while Phoenix ranks 29th (22.8).
- New York is 15-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Phoenix is 9-3.
- The Knicks are 29-32 when they score above 100 points, while the Suns are 24-45.
- The Knicks average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Suns rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Phoenix averages 14.7 second chance points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. New York ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (14.5).
- The Suns rank second in fast break points per game (18.6) while the Knicks rank 27th (10.6).
- The Knicks rank 19th in assists per game (21.8) while the Suns rank 29th (19.4).
- Phoenix ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (17.6) while New York ranks 28th (14.5).