The Phoenix Suns (2-9), 10-point underdogs, will travel to the Smoothie King Center to square off with the New Orleans Pelicans (5-6). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 228 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Arizona at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Phoenix Suns at New Orleans Pelicans ATS Odds
In the Suns’ last outing, they were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 116-109, but they were able to cover as 10-point underdogs. The Suns, meanwhile, defeated the Chicago Bulls,107-98, but were not able to cover as 11-point favorites. The Phoenix game went 10 points over the projected point total of 215, while the New Orleans game finished 22.5 points under the projected point total of 227.5.
The Pelicans held the Bulls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.7 (below the 21.2 mark opponents have averaged against New Orleans this season) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.443 (below their season average of 0.523). Phoenix, meanwhile, held Boston to an effective field goal percentage of 0.474 (below the 0.554 mark opponents have averaged against Phoenix this season). New Orleans was led by Anthony Davis, who recorded 32 points, 15 rebounds and seven assists. Devin Booker played a key role for Phoenix with 38 points and nine assists.
The Pelicans dominated this series last year, taking all three contests. In the last contest, New Orleans won 122-103. New Orleans made 16 of their 38 three pointers (42.1 percent), while Phoenix was 9-33 (27.3 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Of the Suns’ 11 games, six have finished under the total. Phoenix comes into the game with records of 2-9 straight up (SU) and 5-6 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Pelicans’ 11 games, six have finished over the total. Further, New Orleans is 5-6 SU and 4-7 ATS.
Jrue Holiday has been playing at a high level recently for New Orleans, averaging 22.4 points, 10.0 assists and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
New Orleans appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Pelicans rank eighth in offensive efficiency, while Phoenix ranks 27th in defensive efficiency.
Phoenix Suns vs. New Orleans Pelicans Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Under
- New Orleans ranks third in assists per game (26.7) while Phoenix ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (26.5).
- The Pelicans average 12.7 fast break points per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. The Suns rank last in fast break points allowed per game (21.2).
- New Orleans ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.6) while Phoenix ranks 25th (22.6).
- The Pelicans rank second in points in the paint per game (59.5) while the Suns rank 25th (42.5).
- The Pelicans rank 15th in steals per game (7.3) while the Suns rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (10.7).
- New Orleans ranks ninth in second chance points per game (14.4) while Phoenix ranks 27th (9.5).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, New Orleans is 1-0.
- The Pelicans are 5-5 when they reach 100 points, while the Suns are 2-4.
- New Orleans is 2-3 ATS at home, while Phoenix is 1-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Suns’ 4 road games, while 2 of the Pelicans’ 5 home games have gone over.
- The Suns are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Pelicans are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Phoenix has 4 unders and 1 over, while New Orleans has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 96.2 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average).
- The Pelicans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 1.1 for the season.