The Philadelphia Flyers, led by Sean Couturier and Travis Konecny, are ready to take the ice against Nikita Kucherov, Steven Stamkos, and the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena in an Eastern Conference showdown. This one gets started at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15 and it can be seen live on NBC Sports Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning Odds
Tampa Bay is 38-20 straight-up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 5.8 units this year. That winning percentage, ranked first in the NHL in this young season, is a regression from the 62-20 record that the team managed during the 2018-19 season campaign. Through 58 regular season matches, 28 of the team’s games have gone over the total, while 27 have gone under and just three have pushed. The team is 19-9 SU at home this season.
The Lightning have converted on 23.9 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that places them in the top-5 among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is rated second overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 84.2 percent of all penalties.
With a .921 save percentage and 28.1 saves per game, Andrei Vasilevskiy (31-12-3) has been the most dependable goalkeeper for the Bolts this year. If Tampa Bay chooses to give him the day off, however, it could turn to Curtis McElhinney (7-8-8 record, .913 save percentage, 2.75 goals against average).
Philadelphia has earned 5.4 units for moneyline bettors this year and is currently 32-26 straight up (SU). A total of 30 of its contests have gone over the total, while 27 have gone under the total and just one has pushed. The Flyers are 13-17 SU as the away team this season.
The Flyers have converted on 19.1 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 12th overall and it’s successfully killed off 81.6 percent of all penalties.
Carter Hart (.908 save percentage and 2.54 goals against average) has been the main option in goal for Philadelphia. Hart is averaging 22.4 saves per game and has 17 wins, 17 losses, and three OT losses to his credit.
Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Predictions
Free NHL Tip: SU Winner – Lightning, O/U – Under
- Over Tampa Bay’s last ten outings, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 6-0 in those games).
- Penalties and power plays may prove to be critical in the outcome of this matchup. The Flyers are 13-16 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 21-21 when they’re in the penalty box for fewer than 10 total minutes. The Lightning are 13-7 when the team serves fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 24-11 in games where they’re in the box for less than 10 minutes.
- Philadelphia (5-5 in shootouts this season) has significantly more experience in games decided by shootout. Tampa Bay, however, emerged victorious in both of its shootouts this year.
- The under has hit in each of Tampa Bay’s last five games.
- Philadelphia is ranked 14th this season with 9.8 giveaways per game. That figure has trended lower lately, however, as it’s averaged 8.4 giveaways over its last 10 games and 8.4 giveaways over its last five.
- Tampa Bay has averaged 6.2 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 7.7 giveaways per game (the 2nd-fewest in the NHL).
- The Bolts this season have handed the eighth-most hits in the NHL (23.4 per game), but the team’s averaged 30.6 over their last five games as the home team.