The Philadelphia Flyers, fueled by Travis Konecny and Sean Couturier, are ready to take the ice against Tomas Tatar, Shea Weber, and the Montreal Canadiens at Bell Centre in an Eastern Conference showdown. This one will get going at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 30 and it can be viewed live on NBC Sports Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Flyers at Montreal Canadiens Odds
Montreal (-135) is currently favored over Philadelphia (+115), and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 7 goals (-125 money on the under, +105 on the over).
Philadelphia is 14-12 straight up (SU) and has earned 1.1 units for moneyline bettors this year. 14 of its contests have gone under the total, while 11 have gone over and none have pushed. As a road team this season, the Flyers are 6-7 SU.
Philadelphia has converted on 20.2 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a mark that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. Additionally, its penalty kill is ranked third overall, and it’s successfully killed off 86.7 percent of all penalties..
With a .906 save percentage and 21.0 saves per game, Carter Hart (8-9-3) has been the primary option in goal for Philadelphia this year. Hart did just play yesterday, however, so head coach Alain Vigneault might opt to rest him and instead go with Brian Elliott (6-7-2 record, .915 save percentage, 2.68 goals against average).
On the other side of the rink, Montreal is 11-14 straight up (SU) and has lost 6.0 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 25 regular season outings, 15 of its games have gone over the total, while nine have gone under and just one has pushed. It’s 6-8 SU at home this season.
The Canadiens have converted on just 18.4 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 30th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 72.7 percent of all penalties.
Carey Price has stopped 27.1 shots per game as the top selection in goal for the Canadiens. Price has 10 wins, 11 losses, and three overtime losses to his credit and has maintained a pedestrian 3.19 goals against average and a subpar .897 save percentage this season.
Philadelphia Flyers at Montreal Canadiens Betting Predictions
Pick: SU Winner – Canadiens, O/U – Over
- Four of the Flyers’ last ten games have ended in a shootout. The team is 1-3 in those games and 3-5 overall in shootouts this season.
- For both of these teams, the over has hit in four of their last five matchups.
- This game features two teams that shoot the puck early and often. Philadelphia has attempted the league’s ninth-most shots on goal (33.3) and Montreal has attempted the most (35.0).
- Four of Montreal’s last ten outings have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 1-3 overall in those games.
- The Habs this season have tallied the fifth-most hits per game in the NHL (26.8), but the club has averaged 30.6 over their last five home games.