Claude Giroux, Sean Couturier, and the Philadelphia Flyers will do battle against Tyler Seguin, Alexander Radulov, and the Dallas Stars at the American Airlines Center in an East-West showdown. NBC Sports Philadelphia will broadcast the game, which gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 2.
Philadelphia Flyers at Dallas Stars Odds
Dallas (-175) is currently the favorite over Philadelphia (+155), and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 6 goals. The odds for betting the total stand at -120 under, +100 over.
Dallas is 41-38 straight-up (SU) and has lost 2.6 units for moneyline bettors thus far. That early-season winning percentage hasn’t moved much from the 42-40 record the team produced during the 2017-18 season campaign. 48 of its 79 outings have gone under the total, while 22 have gone over and just nine have pushed. The team is 22-17 SU at home this year.
The Stars have converted on 20.1 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, their penalty kill is rated fifth overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 82.6 percent of all penalties.
With a .933 save percentage and 26.9 saves per game, Ben Bishop (27-18-2) has been the primary goalkeeper for Dallas this year. If the Stars decide to give him a rest, however, head coach Jim Montgomery may turn to Anton Khudobin (17-22-22 record, .925 save percentage, 2.49 goals against average).
On the other hand, Philadelphia is 37-42 straight up (SU) and has lost 6.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year. Through 79 regular season matches, 42 of its games have gone over the total, while 36 have gone under the total and just one has pushed. The Flyers are 18-21 SU as an away team this season.
The Flyers have converted on just 17.0 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that places them in the bottom-10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 22nd overall and it’s successfully killed off 79.1 percent of all penalties.
Cam Talbot (3.32 goals against average and .895 save percentage) has been the main option in goal for Philadelphia. Talbot is averaging 25.4 saves per game and owns an 11-23-3 record.
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Dallas Stars Betting Predictions
Prediction: SU Winner – Stars, O/U – Under
- Over Dallas’ last ten outings, four of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 3-1 in those games).
- The Stars are 16-18 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Flyers are 15-20 SU in games where they serve more minutes than their opponent.
- Philadelphia is 3-1 in games decided by a shootout this season while Dallas is 1-2 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in four of Dallas’ last five games.
- Philadelphia has averaged 9.4 giveaways over its last five home games, its season average of 10.0 giveaways per game (ranked 15th in the NHL).
- Dallas has averaged 15.4 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 12.5 giveaways per game (ranked 27th overall).