The Utah Jazz (4-3) will be 2-point favorites at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they challenge the Philadelphia 76ers (5-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211.5 points and action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Philadelphia 76ers at Utah Jazz ATS Odds
Both teams did not cover as underdogs in their last matchup. The Jazz (4.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Los Angeles Clippers, 105-94, while the 76ers (1-point underdogs) fell to the Phoenix Suns, 114-109. The Utah game finished 14 points under the projected point total of 213, while the Philadelphia game finished 0.5 points over the projected point total of 222.5.
Philadelphia had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (20.5 vs. 14.7) while Utah held Los Angeles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.429 (below their season average of 0.561). Utah rallied around Donovan Mitchell, who finished with 36 points and six assists. Al Horford, meanwhile led the way for Philadelphia, recording 32 points and five rebounds.
The 76ers dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last matchup, Philadelphia won 114-97. Philadelphia’s 0.576 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Utah, who had a mark of 0.448.
Vegas is highly precise when setting the total of 76ers games, with an even split between overs and unders. Philadelphia holds records of 5-1 straight up (SU) and 4-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Jazz are involved, as 100.0 percent of their games have ended under the projected point total. Moreover, Utah is 4-3 SU and 2-5 ATS.
This matchup pits one of the league’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesSince last season, Utah ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.533), while Philadelphia is fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.510). Moreover, the 76ers rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.9 percent), while the Jazz rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.3 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Utah Jazz Odds Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Jazz average 49.1 points in the paint per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. The 76ers rank 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.9).
- Utah ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (11.2) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd (14.6).
- The Jazz average 16.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. The 76ers rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Philadelphia ranks second in rebounds per game (47.9) while Utah ranks 10th (46.0).
- Utah ranks third in blocks per game (5.7) while Philadelphia ranks ninth (5.3).
- The 76ers rank fifth in second chance points per game (14.3) while the Jazz rank 21st (12.8).
- The 76ers rank fourth in assists per game (26.6) while the Jazz rank 11th (25.4).
- Utah is second in the league with 28.5 three pointers allowed per game while Philadelphia is fifth with 30.3 three pointers allowed per game.
- Philadelphia averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. Utah ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Utah is 27-5 and Philadelphia is 16-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the 76ers are 62-26 and the Jazz are 52-22.