The Utah Jazz (5-5) will be at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they clash with the Philadelphia 76ers (5-4). Utah opened as a 7-point favorite while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 205 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Utah Jazz ATS Preview
The 76ers beat the Indiana Pacers, 121-110, in their last matchup. With 14 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists, Ben Simmons led the way for Philadelphia with his first triple-double this year. The 76ers held the Pacers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.4 (below their season average of 24.0) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.521).
The Jazz are hoping for a better outcome after their 137-110 loss to the Houston Rockets in their last contest. Donovan Mitchell was Utah’s leading scorer with 17 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Houston was lights out from beyond the arc (23-39; 59.0 percent). Utah, on the other hand, forced the Rockets into a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above their season average of 13.8).
It could be a tough game for Utah on the offensive glass. The Jazz rank 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage (22.1 percent), while Philadelphia ranks eighth in defensive rebounding percentage (75.7 percent) since the 2016-17 season. Contrasting tempos will be on display in this contest. The fast-breaking 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Jazz rank 25th.
Philadelphia games have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while 50.0 percent of games including Utah have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the 76ers have a sizable advantage. They are 5-4 SU and 7-2 ATS, while the Jazz are 5-5 SU and 6-4 ATS.
The Jazz won both games against the 76ers last season. In the most recent matchup, the Jazz won 109-84. The Jazz played a nearly flawless game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.6 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.571. For those same stats, the 76ers put up marks of 17.2 and 0.448, respectively.
Philadelphia 76ers at Utah Jazz ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The 76ers average 8.5 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Jazz rank 21st in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Utah ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while Philadelphia ranks 13th (45.0).
- Philadelphia ranks 11th in second chance points per game (13.4) while Utah ranks 25th (10.8).
- Philadelphia is 13-3 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Utah is 42-11.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the 76ers are 26-28 and the Jazz are 45-14.
- The Jazz rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6) while the 76ers rank 26th (25.8).
- Utah ranks first in points off turnovers per game (15.3) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd (17.1).
- The 76ers rank second in assists per game (24.0) while the Jazz rank 22nd (20.1).
- The 76ers rank sixth in rebounds per game (43.2) while the Jazz rank 14th in rebounds allowed per game (40.6).
- Utah ranks third in blocks per game (4.9) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.5).