The Sacramento Kings (2-8) look to snap the five-game winning streak of Philadelphia when they welcome the 76ers (6-4) to Golden 1 Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 205.5 points with Philadelphia opening as a 6.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 9, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Philadelphia 76ers at Sacramento Kings ATS Preview
In the 76ers’ last matchup, they were victorious over the Utah Jazz, 104-97. Dario Saric was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 7-for-13 shooting. The 76ers held the Jazz to an effective field goal percentage of 0.348 (below their season average of 0.514) and had a free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.156).
The Kings come in on a high note after beating the Oklahoma City Thunder in their last matchup, 94-86. Sacramento received a boost from Buddy Hield, who was the game’s high scorer with 21 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Sacramento’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Oklahoma City. The Kings had a rate of 0.525 (above their season average of 0.480), while the Thunder posted a mark of 0.395 (below their season average of 0.519).
The offense of Sacramento (29th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 96.2) will battle against the top-notch defense of Philadelphia (eighth in the league with a defensive efficiency of 102.2). The 76ers should have the advantage on that side of the ball. It will also be a showdown of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Kings rank 29th.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Philadelphia games have finished over 60.0 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of games involving Sacramento have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the 76ers have a sizable advantage. They are 6-4 SU and 8-2 ATS, while the Kings are 2-8 SU and 3-6-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the last contest, the 76ers won 122-119. Philadelphia had a much better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 18.7). Sacramento, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (24-29; 82.8 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Sacramento Kings Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Kings rank third in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while the 76ers rank 22nd (6.1).
- Philadelphia ranks 20th in points off turnovers per game (15.8) while Sacramento ranks 29th (13.2).
- Philadelphia averages 13.4 second chance points per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Sacramento ranks 27th in second chance points allowed per game (15.2).
- On the road, Philadelphia is 5-1 ATS with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- Sacramento is 2-2 ATS at home with 3 unders and 1 over.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Philadelphia is 2-0 and Sacramento is 2-1.
- When scoring over 100 points, the 76ers are 5-2 and the Kings are 0-3.
- The 76ers average 8.5 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Kings rank 18th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists per game (26.2) while Sacramento ranks 27th (19.5).
- The 76ers rank third in rebounds per game (47.7) while the Kings rank 25th (40.3).
- Philadelphia ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.8) while Sacramento ranks 29th (21.1).
- Sacramento is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 5-0 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 10.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 114.2 points per game (6.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.6 points per game (0.8 below their season average).