The Portland Trail Blazers (20-16) will be 1.5-point underdogs at home in Moda Center at the Rose Quarter when they meet the Philadelphia 76ers (23-13). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 221.5 points and action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 30, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
In the 76ers’ last matchup, they beat the Utah Jazz, 114-97, despite being 4.5-point underdogs. The Trail Blazers, meanwhile, were defeated by the Golden State Warriors, 115-105, and were unable to cover as 9-point underdogs. The Philadelphia game went 8.5 points under the projected point total of 219.5, while the Portland game went 7 points under the projected point total of 227.
The 76ers held the Jazz to an effective field goal percentage of 0.448 (below their season average of 0.528). The Jazz also had a turnover percentage of 14.0 (above the 10.6 mark opponents have averaged against Philadelphia this season). Portland, meanwhile, held Golden State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 23.0). Portland was led by Damian Lillard, who had 40 points and five assists. Meanwhile, Joel Embiid played a key role for Philadelphia with 23 points, 15 rebounds and six assists.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent contest, the Trail Blazers won 114-110. One of Portland’s largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 47 free throw attempts, while Philadelphia had just 14. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Of the 76ers’ 36 games, 21 have gone over the total. Philadelphia comes into the game with records of 23-13 straight up (SU) and 17-19 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Philadelphia, games including the Trail Blazers have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (51.4 percent). Moreover, Portland owns records of 20-16 SU and 17-18 ATS.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Philadelphia should have a noteworthy advantage. The 76ers defense ranks first in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.499), while the Portland offense is ranked 21st in effective field goal percentage (0.513).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (26.9) while Portland ranks 27th (20.9).
- The 76ers average 15.0 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Trail Blazers rank 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (14.4).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in rebounds per game (47.7) while Portland ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (44.2).
- Philadelphia ranks 22 in steals per game (6.944444444444445) while Portland ranks 27 (6.611111111111111).
- The Trail Blazers rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the 76ers rank 26th (18.1).
- The 76ers rank 16 in second chance points per game (13.11111111111111) while the Trail Blazers rank 22 in second chance points allowed per game (13.944444444444445).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Portland ranks 25th (5.8).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Portland is 6-1 and Philadelphia is 7-0.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the 76ers are 23-10 and the Trail Blazers are 19-11.
- Philadelphia is 6-11 ATS on the road, while Portland is 11-7 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 10 of the 76ers’ 17 road games, while 10 of the Trail Blazers’ 18 home games have gone under.
- The 76ers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Trail Blazers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Portland has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 104.4 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.8 points per game (4.9 above their season average).