The NBA’s top scoring team will be 8.5-point favorites at home in Fiserv Forum, when the Milwaukee Bucks (47-8) clash with the Philadelphia 76ers (35-21). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 226.5 points and action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Philadelphia 76ers at Milwaukee Bucks Betting Odds
In the Bucks’ previous game, they dismantled the Detroit Pistons, 126-106, covering as 13-point favorites. The 76ers, on the other hand, beat the Brooklyn Nets, 112-104, resulting in a push. The Milwaukee game finished 5 points over the projected point total of 227, while the Philadelphia game finished 1.5 points under the projected point total of 217.5.
Philadelphia dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.372 (above their season average of 0.187) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.465 (below their season average of 0.528). For those same stats, Brooklyn was 0.216 and 0.402, respectively. Meanwhile, Milwaukee’s 6.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Detroit, who had a mark of 18.9. The Bucks’ mark was better than their season average of 12.3, while the Pistons’ was above their season average of 13.3. Milwaukee rallied around Giannis Antetokounmpo, who had 33 points and 16 rebounds. Joel Embiid had a good game for Philadelphia, contributing 39 points and 16 rebounds.
The Bucks evened the season series at one with a 112-101 win in their most recent contest. Antetokounmpo put up a double-double in the victory with 36 points and 20 rebounds. Milwaukee’s 0.128 free throw rate was their largest strength over Philadelphia, who had a rate of 0.081. The two teams combined to score 213 points, which was under the projected point total of 223, and Milwaukee covered as an 11-point favorite.
Of the 76ers’ 56 games, 28 have finished over the O/U total. Philadelphia has a solid 35-21 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 24-28-4 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Philadelphia, games featuring the Bucks have a slight tendency to finish over the projected point total (50.9 percent). Moreover, Milwaukee owns records of 47-8 SU and 32-23 ATS.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Milwaukee (second in the league with an offensive efficiency of 112.1) takes on the top-notch defense of Philadelphia (third in the league with a defensive efficiency of 104.4).
Philadelphia 76ers at Milwaukee Bucks Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The Bucks average 17.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The 76ers rank 12th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5).
- Philadelphia ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (28.7) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (38.8).
- The Bucks rank third in points in the paint per game (50.9) while the 76ers rank 18th (47.5).
- Philadelphia ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Milwaukee ranks 10th (4.6).
- Philadelphia averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Milwaukee ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The 76ers rank second in rebounds allowed per game (42.0) while the Bucks rank 20th (46.0).
- The 76ers rank third in assists allowed per game (22.2) while the Bucks rank 11th (24.0).
- Milwaukee allows the second-fewest second chance points per game (11.4) while Philadelphia ranks third (11.6).
- Milwaukee ranks second in fast break points per game (18.8) while Philadelphia ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (13.6).
- Milwaukee is 12-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 14-1.
- The Bucks are 47-8 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 31-10.
- Milwaukee is 16-12 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 9-18-1 ATS on the road.
- In 28 road games, the 76ers have 14 overs, 13 unders and 1 push.
- The Bucks have 15 overs and 13 unders in 28 home games.
- The Bucks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 2-2-1.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, down from 12.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 112.0 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average).