The Miami Heat (31-29) will be at home in AmericanAirlines Arena when they meet the Philadelphia 76ers (32-26). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 205.5 points with Philadelphia set as a 1-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Miami Heat Betting Preview
The last time the 76ers played, they fell to the Washington Wizards, 109-94. Philadelphia’s Joel Embiid had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 25 points on 9-for-20 shooting. Washington made 12 of their 25 three pointers (48.0 percent). Philadelphia, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (23-31; 74.2 percent).
The Heat will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Memphis Grizzlies in their last outing, 115-89. Justise Winslow had a good outing for Miami, recording 17 points and seven rebounds. Miami dominated every facet of the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.0 (better than their season average of 13.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.1 (above their season average of 20.9). For those same stats, Memphis recorded marks of 17.8 and 20.0, respectively.
Miami might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Philadelphia currently ranks fourth in defensive efficiency, while the Heat rank 23rd in offensive efficiency. Moreover, the 76ers rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 percent), while the Heat rank fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.6 percent).
Of Philadelphia’s 58 games, 30 have finished over the O/U total, while 32 of Miami’s 60 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (32-26 for Philadelphia; 31-29 for Miami), but the 76ers hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 32-26 ATS, while the Heat are 31-27-2.
These two teams have already met twice this year, with the 76ers winning both. In the most recent game, Ben Simmons notched a triple-double. He put up 18 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists and the 76ers beat the Heat 104-102 but were unable to cover as 3.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 206 points, which was just 3.5 points above the projected point total of 202.5 points. Philadelphia had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (46.9 vs. 7.5). Miami, on the other hand, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (21-29; 72.4 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Miami Heat Prediction
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Over
- The Heat rank seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while the 76ers rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Miami ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (25.7) while Philadelphia ranks 16th (29.5).
- Miami ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.9) while Philadelphia ranks 29th (19.3). Philadelphia ranks 19th in fast break points per game (10.1) while Miami ranks 28th (7.9).
- Miami is 9-16-2 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 13-17 ATS on the road.
- The 76ers have 17 overs and 13 unders in 30 road games.
- The Heat have 14 unders, 12 overs and 1 push in 27 home games.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Philadelphia is 13-0 and Miami is 19-6.
- When reaching 100 points, the 76ers are 29-16 and the Heat are 21-13.
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (46.8) while the Heat rank 17th (43.0).
- Philadelphia ranks sixth in second chance points per game (13.6) while Miami ranks 27th (10.5).
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (25.6) while the Heat rank 22nd (22.0).
- The 76ers rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.3) while the Heat rank 13th (43.5).
- Miami ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while Philadelphia ranks 29th (8.8).
- Miami is 5-0 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Heat have outscored opponents by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Miami has lost by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 107.6 points per game (0.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average).