The Philadelphia 76ers (25-15) and the Indiana Pacers (24-15) battle at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The 76ers can put an end to a five-game road losing streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 13, 2020, and will air on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Philadelphia 76ers at Indiana Pacers Betting Odds
The Pacers were victorious over the Chicago Bulls in their last matchup, 116-105, despite being 1.5-point underdogs. The 76ers, on the other hand, were blown out by the Dallas Mavericks, 109-91, and were unable to cover as 2.5-point underdogs. The Indiana game went 8 points over the projected point total of 213, while the Philadelphia game finished 22.5 points under the projected point total of 222.5.
Indiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (below their season average of 21.2) and a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 11.3). Chicago put up marks of 13.6 and 14.7, respectively, for those same stats. Philadelphia, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 3.7 (better than their season average of 12.9). Myles Turner led the way for Indiana, contributing 27 points and 14 rebounds. Philadelphia received a boost from Ben Simmons, who finished with 11 points, 11 assists and five rebounds.
The Pacers won the most recent matchup by 18 points to even the season series at one. Domantas Sabonis put up a double-double in the victory with 23 points and 10 rebounds. The Pacers’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the 76ers. Indiana had a rate of 5.8, while Philadelphia posted a mark of 10.7. The two teams combined to put up 212 points, which was just under the projected point total of 216.5, and Indiana covered as a 4-point favorite.
Of the 76ers’ 40 games, 20 have finished over the projected point total. Philadelphia is 25-15 straight up (SU), but they are just 18-19-3 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Pacers also have a slight tendency to finish over the projected point total (51.3 percent). Additionally, Indiana is 24-15 SU and 20-17-2 ATS.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Indiana currently ranks 24th in possessions per game (100.8) and Philadelphia is 22nd (101.2).
Philadelphia 76ers at Indiana Pacers ATS Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
- Philadelphia ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while Indiana ranks 21st (13.5).
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds allowed per game (41.0) while the Pacers rank 10th (44.7).
- Philadelphia ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (27.8) while Indiana ranks ninth (32.7).
- Philadelphia averages 48.1 points in the paint per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Indiana ranks 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.3).
- The Pacers rank first in steals allowed per game (6.6) while the 76ers rank 13th (7.3).
- The 76ers rank third in assists allowed per game (21.8) while the Pacers rank 11th (23.3).
- Philadelphia ranks second in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Indiana ranks 13th (4.7).
- Indiana is 6-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 11-1.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the 76ers are 22-7 and the Pacers are 24-9.
- Indiana is 10-8-2 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 8-11-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 10 of the 76ers’ 20 road games, while 10 of the Pacers’ 20 home games have gone over.
- The Pacers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Indiana has 5 overs, while Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 3.1 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 105.0 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (4.8 above their season average).