The Denver Nuggets (5-2) will be at home in the Pepsi Center when they take on the Philadelphia 76ers (5-2). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019, and can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Philadelphia 76ers at Denver Nuggets ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Nuggets (4.5-point favorites) defeated the Miami Heat, 109-89, while the 76ers (3-point underdogs) were defeated by the Utah Jazz, 106-104. The Denver game finished 12.5 points under the projected point total of 210.5, while the Philadelphia game finished 1 point over the projected point total of 209.
Denver’s 0.576 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Miami, who had a rate of 0.415. The Nuggets’ mark was above their season average of 0.477, while the Heat’s was below their season average of 0.560. Philadelphia, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (30-34; 88.2 percent). Denver’s Will Barton had a solid performance, recording 15 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Philadelphia received a boost from Joel Embiid, who had 27 points and 16 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The 76ers won the last game 117-110. Philadelphia did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (29-32; 90.6 percent). Denver, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.7 vs. 15.6).
Of the 76ers’ seven games, four have finished over the total. Philadelphia comes into the game with records of 5-2 straight up (SU) and 5-2 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Philadelphia, games involving the Nuggets tend to go under the total (85.7 percent). Denver has an excellent 5-2 SU record, but they have a hard time covering the spread (3-3-1 ATS).
Denver could put on a ball-control clinic in this showdown. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Denver ranks fifth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.5 percent), while Philadelphia has forced the second-fewest turnovers (12.1 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers at Denver Nuggets Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Nuggets score the most second chance points per game (15.5) while the 76ers rank fifth (14.2).
- Denver ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.2) while Philadelphia ranks 24th (17.5).
- The 76ers rank second in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Nuggets rank 13th (4.9).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists allowed per game (22.7) while Denver ranks 10th (23.9).
- Philadelphia ranks second in rebounds per game (47.8) while Denver ranks seventh (46.5).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in fast break points allowed per game (12.1) while the 76ers rank 22nd (14.6).
- The 76ers rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (30.2) while the Nuggets rank 10th (31.1).
- Denver averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 19th in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Denver ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (51.4) while Philadelphia ranks 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.8).
- Philadelphia is 16-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Denver is 31-3.
- The Nuggets are 60-26 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 62-27.