The Cleveland Cavaliers (16-41) welcome the Philadelphia 76ers (36-22) to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. The 76ers are 7.5-point favorites and can end a six-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 220 points and action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Philadelphia 76ers at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last matchup. The Cavaliers (6.5-point underdogs) defeated the Miami Heat 125-119, while the 76ers (8.5-point favorite) beat the Atlanta Hawks 129-112. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Cleveland game finished 22.5 points over the projected point total of 221.5, while the Philadelphia game went 14.5 points over the projected point total of 226.5.
Philadelphia played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.525) and a free throw rate of 0.307 (above their season average of 0.190). Atlanta had marks of 0.454 and 0.247, respectively, for those same stats. The Cavaliers, on the other hand, knocked down 25 of their 34 free throws (73.5 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.9 (above their season average of 24.7). Cleveland rallied around Kevin Porter Jr., who contributed 30 points and eight rebounds. Joel Embiid, meanwhile was a key piece for Philadelphia with 49 points and 14 rebounds.
In their three matchups this year, the 76ers have won all three. The two teams combined to put up 235 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 215. Philadelphia won 141-94, covering as an 11-point favorite. The 76ers’ 7.4 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Cavaliers, who had a mark of 14.1. Ben Simmons was the game’s leading scorer with 34 points.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of 76ers games, with 29 overs compared to 27 unders. Philadelphia has a solid 36-22 straight up (SU) record, but they have a difficult time covering the spread (25-29-4 against the spread (ATS)).
Of the Cavaliers’ 57 games, 31 have finished over the projected point total. Further, Cleveland owns records of 16-41 SU and 25-30-2 ATS.
Cleveland might have trouble putting up points as they face off against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Philadelphia currently ranks fourth in defensive efficiency, while the Cavaliers rank 25th in offensive efficiency.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.8) while the Cavaliers rank 14th (12.7).
- Philadelphia ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Cleveland ranks 29th (6.4).
- The 76ers rank 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5) while the Cavaliers rank last (20.4).
- Philadelphia ranks ninth in fast break points per game (14.5) while Cleveland ranks 28th (10.1).
- Philadelphia ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (29.1) while Cleveland ranks 13th (33.3).
- The 76ers rank third in assists allowed per game (22.3) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (26.2).
- The 76ers rank 13th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.2) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (53.9).
- Philadelphia is second in the league with 42.3 rebounds allowed per game while Cleveland is fifth with 43.0 rebounds allowed per game.
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Cleveland ranks 28th (9.2).
- Philadelphia is 14-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Cleveland is 4-3.
- The Cavaliers are 15-28 when they score over 100 points, while the 76ers are 32-10.
- Philadelphia is 9-19-1 ATS on the road, while Cleveland is 11-18-1 ATS at home.
- The 76ers have 14 overs, 14 unders and 1 push in 29 road games.
- The Cavaliers have 16 overs, 13 unders and 1 push in 30 home games.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia and Cleveland have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Cavaliers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 2-2-1.
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 113.4 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.8 points per game (3.3 above their season average).