The Philadelphia 76ers (20-7) and the Brooklyn Nets (13-12) go head-to-head at Barclays Center. The 76ers are a 4.5-point favorite and look to extend their five-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217.5 points and it will air on YES Network at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 15, 2019.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Odds
Although the Nets were beaten by the Toronto Raptors in their last outing, 110-102, they were able to cover as 9.5-point underdogs. The 76ers, on the other hand, topped the New Orleans Pelicans, 116-109, resulting in a push. The Brooklyn game finished 4.5 points under the projected point total of 216.5, while the Philadelphia game finished 2.5 points over the projected point total of 222.5.
Philadelphia’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over New Orleans. The 76ers had a rate of 0.534 (below their season average of 0.540), while the Pelicans posted a mark of 0.483. Brooklyn, on the other hand, held Toronto to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below the 23.5 mark opponents have averaged against Brooklyn this season). Spencer Dinwiddie fueled Brooklyn with 24 points and eight assists. Ben Simmons played well for Philadelphia, putting up 24 points and 11 assists.
The 76ers captured this series last year, securing victories in six out of nine contests. In the last game, Philadelphia won 122-100. The 76ers’ 25.6 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Nets, who had a mark of 16.7. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
A little over half of the 76ers’ games have finished under the projected point total. Philadelphia heads into the contest with records of 20-7 straight up (SU) and 13-11-3 against the spread (ATS).
Just over half of Nets games have finished over the projected point total. Further, Brooklyn is 13-12 SU and 13-10-1 ATS.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Nets rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.5 percent), while Philadelphia ranks first in defensive rebounding percentage (82.2 percent).
76ers vs. Nets ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank fourth in points in the paint per game (51.4) while the 76ers rank 11th (48.1).
- Brooklyn ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (37.6) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (29.3).
- The 76ers rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Nets rank 20th (5.3).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (39.3) while Brooklyn ranks 13th (45.5).
- Philadelphia ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (12.0) while Brooklyn ranks 12th (12.8).
- The 76ers rank second in steals per game (8.7) while the Nets rank 22nd (6.8).
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (26.7) while the Nets rank 14th (24.2).
- Philadelphia ranks 17th in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while Brooklyn ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.2).
- Philadelphia ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (10.8) while Brooklyn ranks 20th (13.5).
- When allowing below 100 points, Philadelphia is 10-0 and Brooklyn is 2-0.
- The Nets are 13-10 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 17-4.
- Brooklyn is 7-5 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 6-6-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 6 of the Nets’ 12 home games, while 7 of the 76ers’ 13 road games have gone over.
- The Nets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 3-0-2.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push, while Philadelphia has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 111.2 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.4 points per game (3.4 below their season average).
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.2, up from 6.2 for the season.