The Chicago Bulls (20-37) will try to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Philadelphia when they welcome the 76ers (30-25) to United Center. Philadelphia is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 214.5 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Philadelphia 76ers at Chicago Bulls Betting Preview
In the 76ers’ last game, they edged the Miami Heat, 104-102. With 18 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists, Ben Simmons led the way for Philadelphia with his fifth triple-double this season. Philadelphia’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The 76ers had 23 offensive rebounds and 60 total rebounds, while the Heat had three and 29, respectively.
The Bulls are hoping for a better outcome after their 122-98 loss to the Toronto Raptors in their last matchup. Bobby Portis was Chicago’s leading scorer with 18 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Toronto held the Bulls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.2 (below their season average of 19.9). Chicago, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (16-20; 80.0 percent).
The inefficient offense of Chicago will face off against the top-notch defense of Philadelphia. The Bulls currently rank 28th in offensive efficiency, while the 76ers are fourth in defensive efficiency. The 76ers figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Also, the 76ers rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 percent), while the Bulls rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (81.1 percent).
Of Philadelphia’s 55 games, 28 have finished over the projected point total, while 30 of Chicago’s 57 games have finished over the O/U total. The 76ers come into this game with a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 30-25 SU and 31-24 ATS, while the Bulls are 20-37 SU and 29-25-3 ATS.
Portis has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Chicago, averaging 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. In the most recent contest, the Bulls lost 115-101, unable to cover as 5.5-point underdogs. Portis put up 22 points and 11 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 216 points, which was just 1 points below the projected point total of 217 points. Philadelphia launched 32 three pointers, making 16 of them (50.0 percent). Chicago was, on the other hand, 11-37 (29.7 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Prediction
NBA Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank sixth in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Bulls rank 27th (10.4).
- Chicago ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.9) while Philadelphia ranks 29th (19.4).
- Philadelphia ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.0) while Chicago ranks last (3.7).
- Philadelphia is 13-15 ATS on the road with 16 overs and 12 unders.
- At home, Chicago is 14-13-2 ATS with 16 unders and 13 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Philadelphia is 13-0 and Chicago is 6-5.
- When reaching the century mark, the 76ers are 27-16 and the Bulls are 18-17.
- The 76ers rank seventh in points in the paint per game (46.7) while the Bulls rank 26th (40.9).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (47.0) while Chicago ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (25.6) while the Bulls rank 28th in assists allowed per game (25.3).
- The 76ers average 28.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 15th in the league. The Bulls rank 26th in three pointers allowed per game (31.2).
- Chicago ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Philadelphia ranks 29th (8.9).
- Chicago is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 107.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 95.2 points per game (10.3 below their season average).