The Orlando Magic (6-8) will be 6-point underdogs at home in the Amway Center when they go head-to-head with the Philadelphia 76ers (9-6). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 222 points and it starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Orlando Magic ATS Odds
In the 76ers’ last outing, they defeated the Miami Heat, 124-114, despite being 2.5-point underdogs. The Magic, meanwhile, were defeated by the Washington Wizards, 117-109, and were not able to cover as 8-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Philadelphia game finished 13.5 points over the projected point total of 224.5, while the Orlando game finished 5 points over the projected point total of 221.
Philadelphia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 14.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.8 (above their season average of 22.3). Miami recorded marks of 14.1 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. Orlando, on the other hand, was lights out from beyond the arc (15-30; 50.0 percent). Aaron Gordon put together a solid game for Orlando with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Joel Embiid led the way for Philadelphia, finishing with 35 points and 18 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Embiid led the 76ers to a 116-115 win. He registered a double-double with 32 points and 10 rebounds. Philadelphia was unable to cover as a 13-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 231 points, which was over the projected point total of 217.5. Philadelphia had a better turnover percentage (9.2 vs. 12.3). Orlando, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (17-22; 77.3 percent).
Oddsmakers have a tendency to place the total low when the 76ers are playing, as nine of their 15 contests have gone over the projected point total. Philadelphia has a respectable 9-6 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 6-9 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Philadelphia, Magic games have typically gone under the total (64.3 percent). Further, Orlando is 6-8 SU and 6-7-1 ATS.
Terrence Ross has taken his game to another level as of late for Orlando, averaging 16.2 points over the last five games.
Orlando should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Orlando ranks fourth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.8 percent), while Philadelphia forces the fewest turnovers (11.0 percent). This game should be a matchup of contrasting tempos. The up-tempo 76ers rank fifth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Magic rank 21st.
76ers at Magic Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers average 15.6 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Magic rank 10th in fast break points allowed per game (12.5).
- Philadelphia ranks third in rebounds per game (49.3) while Orlando ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (47.9).
- The Magic rank fifth in steals allowed per game (6.6) while the 76ers rank 16th (7.5).
- Orlando ranks sixth in blocks per game (6.1) while Philadelphia ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Philadelphia averages 33.3 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Orlando ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (30.9).
- The Magic rank 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.0) while the 76ers rank 25th (19.3).
- The 76ers average 26.1 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Magic rank 10th in assists allowed per game (22.9).
- Orlando averages 15.1 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (14.6).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Philadelphia is 3-0 and Orlando is 2-0.
- The Magic are 5-3 when they score above 100 points, while the 76ers are 9-4.
- Philadelphia is 2-6 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 2-6 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the 76ers’ 8 road games, while 6 of the Magic’s 8 home games have gone under.
- The Magic are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Orlando has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Philadelphia has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Magic have outscored opponents by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Orlando has lost by an average of 4.8 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 112.0 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).