The NBA’s top scoring defense will be at home in Amway Center, when the Orlando Magic (3-7) clash against the Philadelphia 76ers (7-3). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last outing. The 76ers (14-point favorites) defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers, 98-97, while the Magic (4.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Indiana Pacers, 109-102. The Philadelphia game finished 18.5 points under the projected point total of 213.5, while the Orlando game went 8.5 points over the projected point total of 202.5.
The 76ers had a better offensive rebounding percentage (23.4 vs. 20.5) and held the Cavaliers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.471 (below the 0.527 mark opponents have averaged against Philadelphia this season). Orlando, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (5-6; 83.3 percent). Nikola Vucevic was a key piece for Orlando with 18 points and 17 rebounds. Joel Embiid, meanwhile led the way for Philadelphia, putting up 27 points and 16 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their four games last season. In the most recent contest, the Magic won 119-98. The Magic’s 6.7 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the 76ers, who had a mark of 15.1. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
76ers games have a tendency to finish over the total (55.6 percent). Philadelphia heads into the contest with records of 7-3 straight up (SU) and 6-3 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Philadelphia, games featuring the Magic have a tendency to go under the total (70.0 percent). Further, Orlando owns records of 3-7 SU and 3-6-1 ATS.
The offense of Orlando (29th in the league with an offensive efficiency of 99.5) will battle against the stingy defense of Philadelphia (eighth in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 101.7). The 76ers should have the edge on that side of the ball. Also, the 76ers, who rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.8 percent), will go head-to-head against the Magic, who rank fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (80.4 percent).
76ers vs. Magic ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic average 16.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 20th in the NBA. The 76ers rank 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.1).
- Orlando ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.4) while Philadelphia ranks 21st (9.1).
- The 76ers rank 16th in fast break points per game (12.3) while the Magic rank 25th (10.9).
- Philadelphia ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (26.7) while Orlando ranks ninth (32.2).
- Orlando ranks second in blocks per game (7.3) while Philadelphia ranks fifth (6.1).
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds allowed per game (39.8) while the Magic rank 13th (46.2).
- The 76ers rank first in second chance points allowed per game (9.2) while the Magic rank eighth (12.0).
- Philadelphia is second in the NBA with 20.2 assists allowed per game while Orlando is fourth with 21.4 assists allowed per game.
- Orlando ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.8) while Philadelphia ranks 11th (46.4).
- Philadelphia is 3-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Orlando is 3-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the 76ers are 6-2 and the Magic are 1-2.
- Philadelphia is 4-2 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 2-3-1 ATS at home.
- The 76ers have 4 overs and 2 unders in 6 road games.
- In 6 home games, the Magic have 4 unders and 2 overs.
- The Magic are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Orlando has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Philadelphia has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Magic have outscored opponents by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Orlando has been defeated by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 104.4 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (0.7 below their season average).