The Philadelphia 76ers (27-16) and the New York Knicks (11-31) square off at Madison Square Garden. The 76ers are 3.5-point favorites and can end a six-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 220 points and it is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Philadelphia 76ers at New York Knicks ATS Odds
In the 76ers’ last contest, they covered the 7-point spread against the Chicago Bulls, 100-89. The Knicks, meanwhile, were blown out by the Phoenix Suns, 121-98, and failed to cover as 2-point underdogs. The Philadelphia game went 32.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5, while the New York game finished 9 points under the projected point total of 228.
Philadelphia played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.5 (below their season average of 24.1) and a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 12.5). For those same stats, Chicago was 14.6 and 15.4, respectively. New York, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.178 vs. 0.163). Julius Randle played a pivotal role for New York with 26 points and six rebounds. Ben Simmons, meanwhile led the way for Philadelphia, recording 20 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists.
In their two contests this year, the 76ers have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 196 points, which was under the projected point total of 209. Philadelphia won 101-95, covering as a 6-point favorite. Philadelphia did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (32-40; 80.0 percent). New York, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 15.2). Joel Embiid recorded a double-double with 27 points and 17 rebounds.
Games involving the 76ers have finished over the total 50.0 percent of the time. Philadelphia holds records of 27-16 straight up (SU) and 19-20-3 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Knicks’ 42 games, 24 have finished under the O/U total. Additionally, New York is 11-31 SU and 19-22-1 ATS.
The inefficient offense of New York will go head-to-head against the top-notch defense of Philadelphia. The Knicks currently rank 28th in offensive efficiency, while the 76ers are fourth in defensive efficiency. The 76ers figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
76ers at Knicks ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.4) while the 76ers rank 13th (46.9).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in assists per game (26.3) while New York ranks 29th (21.2).
- The Knicks rank fourth in second chance points per game (14.5) while the 76ers rank 23rd (12.4).
- Philadelphia ranks 12th in fast break points per game (13.9) while New York ranks 28th (10.2).
- New York ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Philadelphia ranks 12th (7.3).
- The 76ers rank first in three pointers allowed per game (27.9) while the Knicks rank 23rd (35.3).
- The 76ers rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Knicks rank 17th (5.0).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (41.1) while New York ranks 22nd (46.6).
- When allowing below 100 points, Philadelphia is 12-1 and New York is 3-1.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the 76ers are 24-7 and the Knicks are 10-20.
- New York is 8-11-1 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 8-12-1 ATS on the road.
- The 76ers have 10 overs, 10 unders and 1 push in 21 road games.
- Of the Knicks’ 20 home games, they have 13 unders and 7 overs.
- The 76ers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs, while New York has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (6.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.6 points per game (4.7 below their season average).
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 8.7 for the season.