The Philadelphia 76ers (48-27) will travel to the Target Center to meet the Minnesota Timberwolves (34-41). The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 30, 2019, and will air on NBATV.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last outing. The Timberwolves (3-point underdogs) defeated the Golden State Warriors 131-130, while the 76ers (7.5-point favorite) beat the Brooklyn Nets 123-110. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Minnesota game went 32 points over the projected point total of 229, while the Philadelphia game went 1.5 points over the projected point total of 231.5.
Philadelphia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 12.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.567 (above their season average of 0.533). For those same stats, Brooklyn was 12.7 and 0.506, respectively. Minnesota, on the other hand, out-rebounded Golden State. The Timberwolves had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. eight), defensive rebounds (44 vs. 37) and total rebounds (59 vs. 45). Karl-Anthony Towns was a key piece for Minnesota with 15 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists. Meanwhile, Joel Embiid had a good game for Philadelphia, contributing 39 points, 13 rebounds and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Embiid led the 76ers to a 149-107 victory. He registered a double-double with 31 points and 13 rebounds. Philadelphia covered as a 6-point favorite and the two teams combined for 256 points, which was well over the projected point total of 234. Philadelphia couldn’t miss, shooting 59.8 percent from the field. Minnesota, meanwhile, had a field goal percentage of 38.9.
Of the 76ers’ 75 games, 37 have finished over the O/U total. Philadelphia heads into the contest with records of 48-27 straight up (SU) and 35-40 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Timberwolves games, with 40 overs compared to 34 unders. Additionally, Minnesota owns records of 34-41 SU and 35-39 ATS.
Minnesota should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Minnesota ranks third in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.3 percent), while Philadelphia forces the second-fewest turnovers (12.0 percent). Furthermore, the third-ranked defense of the 76ers (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.509) will clash against the 26th-ranked offense of the Timberwolves (effective field goal percentage of 0.509).
76ers at Timberwolves Odds Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank eighth in fast break points per game (15.1) while the Timberwolves rank 16th in fast break points allowed per game (13.7).
- Philadelphia ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Minnesota ranks 26th (5.6).
- The 76ers rank seventh in second chance points allowed per game (12.5) while the Timberwolves rank 26th (14.6).
- Minnesota ranks ninth in points off turnovers (17.6 per game) while Philadelphia ranks 23rd in points off turnovers allowed (17.3 per game).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in rebounds per game (47.5) while Minnesota ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (45.3).
- The 76ers average 26.9 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Timberwolves rank 27th in assists allowed per game (26.1).
- The Timberwolves average 50.1 points in the paint per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The 76ers rank 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (51.0).
- Philadelphia ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (30.2) while Minnesota ranks 25th (28.7).
- Minnesota ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.6) while Philadelphia ranks 20th (8.0).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Philadelphia is 11-0 and Minnesota is 12-0.
- The 76ers are 48-21 when they score above 100 points, while the Timberwolves are 33-35.
- Minnesota is 19-16 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 15-21 ATS on the road.
- Of the 76ers’ 36 road games, they have 19 unders and 17 overs.
- The Timberwolves have 20 overs and 15 unders in 35 home games.
- The 76ers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Timberwolves are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 4 overs and 1 under, while Minnesota has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 116.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 117.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average).
- The Timberwolves’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, up from 1.0 for the season.