The Philadelphia 76ers (28-16), 2.5-point favorites, will be at the Barclays Center to square off with the Brooklyn Nets (18-23) in an Atlantic Division matchup. The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020, and will air on YES Network.
Philadelphia 76ers at Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last matchup. The 76ers (4.5-point favorites) defeated the New York Knicks, 90-87, while the Nets (10-point underdogs) were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks, 117-97. The Philadelphia game went 41.5 points under the projected point total of 218.5, while the Brooklyn game finished 22.5 points under the projected point total of 236.5.
The 76ers had a better free throw rate (0.154 vs. 0.125) and held the Knicks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.432 (below their season average of 0.491). Brooklyn, on the other hand, held Milwaukee to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 21.1). Kyrie Irving played a key role for Brooklyn with 17 points, six rebounds and six assists. Philadelphia, meanwhile, received a boost from Ben Simmons, who recorded 21 points, eight assists and seven rebounds.
The 76ers won the most recent matchup by 11 points to even the season series at one. Tobias Harris recorded a double-double with 34 points and 10 rebounds. The 76ers’ 28.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Nets, who had a rate of 23.4. The two teams combined to put up 223 points, which was just over the projected point total of 221.5, and Philadelphia covered as a 7-point favorite.
Just over half of the 76ers’ games have finished over the O/U total. Philadelphia holds records of 28-16 straight up (SU) and 20-21-3 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Nets’ 41 games, 20 have finished under the projected point total. Additionally, Brooklyn owns records of 18-23 SU and 18-22-1 ATS.
Brooklyn might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the league’s best defenses. Philadelphia ranks fourth in defensive efficiency, while the Nets rank 27th in offensive efficiency.
76ers at Nets Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The 76ers average 16.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 19th in the league. The Nets rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.8).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (41.3) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (46.9).
- The 76ers rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.3) while the Nets rank 17th (13.2).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (26.3) while Brooklyn ranks 17th (23.6).
- Brooklyn ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (50.6) while Philadelphia ranks 14th (48.2).
- The 76ers rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Nets rank 24th (5.6).
- The 76ers average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Nets rank 19th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Brooklyn ranks 14th in fast break points per game (12.9) while Philadelphia ranks 17th in fast break points allowed per game (13.1).
- Brooklyn ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (37.2) while Philadelphia ranks 25th (30.1).
- Brooklyn is 4-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 13-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Nets are 18-17 and the 76ers are 24-7.
- Philadelphia is 8-13-1 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 11-10 ATS at home.
- The 76ers have 11 unders, 10 overs and 1 push in 22 road games.
- In 21 home games, the Nets have 11 unders, 9 overs and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia and Brooklyn are both 2-3 ATS.
- The 76ers have 4 unders and 1 over over their last five games, while the Nets have 3 overs and 2 unders
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 98.6 points per game (9.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.4 points per game (6.5 below their season average).
- The Nets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 2.2 for the season.