The Pepperdine Waves (15-13, 8-6 WCC) will be at War Memorial Gymnasium to meet the San Francisco Dons (17-11, 6-7 WCC) in a WCC matchup. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Pepperdine Waves vs. San Francisco Dons ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Dons lost to the second-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 71-54, while the Waves defeated the Portland Pilots, 66-59.
Pepperdine played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 26.8) and a free throw rate of 0.386 (above their season average of 0.270). Portland recorded marks of 19.4 and 0.255, respectively, for those same stats. San Francisco, on the other hand, held Gonzaga to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below their season average of 33.1). Charles Minlend was a key piece for San Francisco with 22 points. Colbey Ross, meanwhile had a good outing for Pepperdine, finishing with 30 points, 14 rebounds and five assists.
The Dons edged out the Waves in this series last year, emerging victorious in two out of three games. In the last matchup, Pepperdine won 89-72. One of Pepperdine’s largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 25 trips to the line, while San Francisco went 21 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The prolific offense of San Francisco (98th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 106.6) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Pepperdine (320th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 106.8). The Dons should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Pepperdine Waves vs. San Francisco Dons ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – San Francisco, ATS Winner – San Francisco, O/U – Under
- San Francisco ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Pepperdine ranks 262nd (16.0).
- The Dons rank 123rd in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Waves rank 162nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- The Dons rank eighth in three pointers allowed per game (16.0) while the Waves rank 142nd (21.5).
- San Francisco ranks 86th in steals per game (7.0) while Pepperdine ranks 129th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Dons have been outscored by an average of 7.6 points in their last five games. For the season, San Francisco has defeated opponents by an average of 5.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Waves have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (0.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average).