The Pepperdine Waves (8-9, 1-2 WCC) travel to Jenny Craig Pavilion to clash against the San Diego Toreros (12-5, 1-1 WCC). The Waves look to put an end to a six-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Pepperdine Waves vs. San Diego Toreros Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Toreros were victorious over the Pacific Tigers, 73-64, while the Waves lost a winnable game to the Santa Clara Broncos, 67-64.
The Toreros held the Tigers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.427 (below their season average of 0.517) and had a free throw rate of 0.314 (above their season average of 0.225). Pepperdine, on the other hand, forced Santa Clara into a turnover percentage of 22.3 (above their season average of 18.6). Isaiah Pineiro had a solid performance for San Diego, contributing 24 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Kessler Edwards was a key piece for Pepperdine with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
The Toreros dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last contest, San Diego won 68-66. San Diego made 15 of their 34 three pointers (44.1 percent). Pepperdine was, meanwhile, 4-15 (26.7 percent). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The upper-echelon offense of San Diego (51st in the nation with an effective field goal percentage 0.550) will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Pepperdine (261st in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.519). The Toreros should have the edge on that end of the court. Moreover, the Waves, who rank 298th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.2 percent), will face off against the Toreros, who rank 11th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.1 percent).
Pepperdine at San Diego Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Pepperdine, ATS Winner – Pepperdine, O/U – Over
- San Diego ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while Pepperdine ranks 209th (37.6).
- The Waves rank 39th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Toreros rank 98th (6.4).
- San Diego ranks 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Pepperdine ranks 89th (3.4).
- The Toreros average 16.3 assists per game, which ranks 36th in the nation. The Waves rank 176th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- San Diego ranks 14th in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while Pepperdine ranks 143rd (23.1).
- During their last five games, the Toreros have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (7.1 above their season average).
- The Waves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 4.1 for the season.