The Portland Pilots (9-18, 1-11 WCC) welcome the Pepperdine Waves (14-13, 7-6 WCC) to Earle A. Chiles Center. The Pilots will attempt to snap their 10-game losing streak. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Pepperdine Waves vs. Portland Pilots Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Pilots got blown out by the Pacific Tigers, 75-55, while the Waves lost to the second-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 89-77.
Pepperdine had a better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 13.8) while Portland had a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.224). Portland’s JoJo Walker had a good outing, contributing 20 points. Pepperdine was lifted by Kessler Edwards, who had 13 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Skylar Chavez led the Waves to an 80-69 win. He recorded 24 points and five rebounds. Pepperdine out-rebounded Portland. The Waves had 14 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Pilots had four and 34, respectively.
A focal point for the Pepperdine offense is getting to the free throw line. The Waves rank 54th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.270), but Portland is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 32nd by yielding a FTA rate of 0.173).
Pepperdine vs. Portland Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Pepperdine, ATS Winner – Pepperdine, O/U – Under
- Pepperdine averages 15.1 assists per game, which ranks 35th in the NCAA. Portland ranks 265th in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- The Waves rank 131st in steals per game (6.4) while the Pilots rank 167th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Pepperdine and Portland average 2.7 blocks allowed per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA.
- The Waves average 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 130th in the nation. The Pilots rank 253rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- Pepperdine ranks 165th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4) while Portland ranks 247th (37.6).
- The Pilots’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 20.8, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Waves have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (0.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (1.6 below their season average).