The Oklahoma State Cowboys and Pepperdine Waves will battle at Gallagher-Iba Arena to commence their seasons. Oklahoma State is an 18-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 154.5 points. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Pepperdine Waves at Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Preview
Oklahoma State was a 10 seed in the tournament last season and was defeated in the First Round by the Michigan Wolverines. The Cowboys went 20-12 in the regular season. Meanwhile, Pepperdine was unable make the tournament following a 9-22 regular season.
The high-octane offense of Oklahoma State will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Pepperdine. In the 2016-17 season, the Cowboys ranked third in offensive efficiency, while the Waves were 348th in defensive efficiency. The Cowboys should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Last season, the Waves had records of 9-22 straight up (SU) and 10-20 against the spread (ATS). Of Pepperdine’s 30 games with betting action last season, 19 finished over the O/U total.
The Cowboys, on the other hand, were 20-12 SU and 17-11 ATS last season. Similar to Pepperdine, Oklahoma State games had a tendency to go over the projected point total (57.1 percent).
Pepperdine Waves at Oklahoma State Cowboys Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cowboys rank 106th in rebounds per game (36.8) while the Waves rank 262nd (33.3).
- Pepperdine ranks 189th in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Oklahoma State ranks 226th (4.3).
- Oklahoma State averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 89th in the nation. Pepperdine ranks 301st in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- The Cowboys rank 35th in steals per game (7.6) while the Waves rank 246th (5.1).
- Oklahoma State ranks 115th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Pepperdine ranks 321st (15.5).