The Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) will travel to Capital One Arena to challenge the Georgetown Hoyas (2-0). Action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 14, 2019.
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Georgetown Hoyas ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Hoyas beat the Central Arkansas Bears 89-78, while the Nittany Lions had no trouble getting past the Wagner Seahawks 91-64.
Penn State played a perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.308 and a turnover percentage of 13.1. For those same stats, Wagner was 0.186 and 21.0, respectively. Georgetown, on the other hand, played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 and a free throw rate of 0.227. Central Arkansas put up marks of 16.7 and 0.137, respectively, for those same stats. Omer Yurtseven put together a good performance for Georgetown with 17 points and 15 rebounds. Meanwhile, Penn State was led by Seth Lundy, who contributed 12 points and seven rebounds.
Conflicting paces will be on display in this battle. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Georgetown has preferred to play quickly (20th in possessions per game), while Penn State has been more half-court-oriented (214th in possessions per game).
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Georgetown Hoyas Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Penn State ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Georgetown ranks 294th (26.1).
- The Hoyas average 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 14th in the NCAA. The Nittany Lions rank 133rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- Penn State ranks 79th in blocks per game (4.0) while Georgetown ranks 162nd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Nittany Lions rank 33rd in steals per game (7.8) while the Hoyas rank 262nd in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Georgetown ranks 17th in assists per game (16.5) while Penn State ranks 216th (12.5).