The ninth-ranked Penn State Nittany Lions (20-6, 10-5 Big 10) will be at Assembly Hall to take on the Indiana Hoosiers (17-9, 7-8 Big 10) in a Big 10 matchup. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Indiana Hoosiers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Hoosiers were victorious over the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 68-56, while the Nittany Lions lost to the Illinois Fighting Illini, 62-56.
Indiana played a nearly flawless contest. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.282) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.481 (below their season average of 0.501). For those same stats, Minnesota recorded marks of 0.164 and 0.377, respectively. Penn State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.9 vs. 17.4). Trayce Jackson-Davis played a key role for Indiana with 27 points and 16 rebounds. Penn State received a boost from Lamar Stevens, who had 13 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Stevens led the Nittany Lions to a 64-49 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 17 points. The Nittany Lions’ 8.6 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Hoosiers, who had a mark of 22.7.
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Indiana in this contest. The Hoosiers rank 37th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.2 percent), while Penn State ranks 170th in defensive rebounding percentage (72.3 percent).
Penn State Nittany Lions at Indiana Hoosiers Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Under
- Indiana ranks 26th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while Penn State ranks 235th (37.2).
- The Nittany Lions average 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 50th in the country. The Hoosiers rank 151st in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- Penn State ranks 15th in blocks per game (5.1) while Indiana ranks 113th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Nittany Lions rank 81st in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while the Hoosiers rank 283rd (16.7).
- Penn State ranks 42nd in steals per game (8.0) while Indiana ranks 203rd (5.4).
- During their last five games, the Hoosiers have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (5.1 above their season average).
- The Nittany Lions’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, down from 9.5 for the season.