The Fairfield Stags and Penn Quakers will battle at Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard to open the new season. Penn is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 142.5 points. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
Penn Quakers at Fairfield Stags Betting Preview
Fairfield did not reach the tournament following a 16-14 regular season last season. Penn also failed to reach the tournament following a 13-15 regular season.
This game should be a matchup of conflicting tempos. Fairfield ranked 81st in possessions per game (71.7) while Penn was 283rd (67.0) last season.
The Quakers had records of 13-15 straight up (SU) and 10-13-1 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Penn’s 24 games with betting action last year, 14 finished under the O/U total.
Meanwhile, the Stags were 16-14 SU and 15-11 ATS last season. Vegas had a tendency to place the total a little high when Fairfield is involved last year, as 61.5 percent of their games gone under the projected point total.
The Quakers won the only contest against the Stags last season, 74-68. Penn’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Fairfield. The Quakers had a rate of 0.553 while the Stags posted a mark of 0.412.
Penn Quakers at Fairfield Stags Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Penn, ATS Winner – Penn, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Quakers rank 128th in steals per game (6.5) while the Stags rank 173rd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Fairfield ranks 75th in assists per game (15.0) while Penn ranks 115th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- Fairfield averages 25.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 31st in the nation. Penn ranks 206th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- The Quakers rank 191st in rebounds allowed per game (35.6) while the Stags rank 281st (38.1).
- Fairfield ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Penn ranks 84th (3.1).