The Monmouth Hawks (2-3) will be at home in OceanFirst Bank Center when they challenge the Penn Quakers (4-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 144 points with Monmouth set as a 3-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Penn Quakers vs. Monmouth Hawks Odds Preview
The last time the Quakers played, they edged the UMKC Kangaroos, 68-65. With 11 points, eight rebounds and five assists, Darnell Foreman had a good performance for Penn. The Quakers held the Kangaroos to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.8 (below their season average of 20.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.539 (above their season average of 0.521).
The Hawks are trying to rebound after their 62-51 loss to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs in their last outing. With nine points and six rebounds, George Papas had a good game for Monmouth. UNC Ashevilles turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Monmouth. The Bulldogs had a rate of 18.1 (better than their season average of 22.6), while the Hawks posted a mark of 27.7 (above their season average of 23.6).
It will be a showdown of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Hawks will look to push the more grind-it-out Quakers. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Hawks rank 23rd in possessions per game while the Quakers are 258th.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Penn games have finished over 80.0 percent of the time, while 100.0 percent of games including Monmouth have gone under. The Quakers hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (4-3 vs. 2-3), but the Hawks have the better against the spread (ATS) record (1-1 vs. 1-4).
Penn Quakers vs. Monmouth Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Monmouth, ATS Winner – Penn, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Quakers rank 86th in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while the Hawks rank 237th (4.2).
- Penn averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 127th in the nation. Monmouth ranks 163rd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Penn averages 24.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 40th in the nation. Monmouth ranks 262nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- The Hawks average 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. The Quakers rank 215th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Penn ranks 86th in assists per game (14.9) while Monmouth ranks 248th (12.2).