The Penn Quakers (13-10, 5-5 Ivy) will be at John J. Lee Amphitheater to go head-to-head against the Yale Bulldogs (20-6, 8-2 Ivy) in an Ivy matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Penn Quakers vs. Yale Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bulldogs dismantled the Columbia Lions, 83-65, while the Quakers fell to the Harvard Crimson, 69-65.
Yale dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 26.9) and a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 16.8). For those same stats, Columbia was 14.3 and 15.0, respectively. Penn, meanwhile, made 10 of their 25 three pointers (40.0 percent). Yale’s Azar Swain had a good game, recording 29 points and five rebounds. Jordan Dingle, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Penn with 16 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, AJ Brodeur led the Quakers to a 69-61 victory. He put up 19 points, eight rebounds and five assists. The Quakers’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bulldogs. Penn had a rate of 8.4, while Yale posted a mark of 15.1.
Yale should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Bulldogs rank 39th in offensive efficiency, while Penn ranks 167th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Quakers rank 315th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.2 percent), while the Bulldogs rank eighth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.7 percent).
Penn at Yale Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Yale, ATS Winner – Penn, O/U – Over
- Yale averages 39.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. Penn ranks 256th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Bulldogs average 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 149th in the country. The Quakers rank 186th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Penn ranks 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Yale ranks 66th (2.9).
- The Quakers rank 30th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while the Bulldogs rank 223rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- Penn ranks 30th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Yale ranks 83rd (11.8).
- During their last five games, the Quakers have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (0.8 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, down from 12.8 for the season.