An eight-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Toledo Rockets (11-1) when they welcome the Penn Quakers (10-2) to Savage Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Penn Quakers at Toledo Rockets Betting Odds
Both teams won a tight one over their last opponent. The Rockets defeated the Oakland Golden Grizzlies 87-86, while the Quakers beat the George Mason Patriots 72-71.
Penn was 8-20 on three pointers (40.0 percent), while George Mason was 2-8 (25.0 percent). The Rockets, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.420 vs. 0.203) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.660 vs. 0.570). Toledo received a boost from Jaelan Sanford, who had 30 points. Meanwhile, AJ Brodeur played a key role for Penn with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
The Rockets won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 85-72. One of Toledo’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 16-20 (80.0 percent), while the Quakers were just 8-12 (66.7 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Nate Navigato has been playing at a high level as of late for Toledo, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
This battle pits one of the country’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesPenn ranks 11th in effective field goal percentage (0.578), while Toledo is 51st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.459).
Penn Quakers vs. Toledo Rockets ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Penn, ATS Winner – Toledo, O/U – Under
- Toledo ranks 28th in rebounds per game (40.5) while Penn ranks 151st (35.7).
- The Quakers rank 25th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Rockets rank 93rd (21.6).
- Penn ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (9.3) while Toledo ranks 52nd (11.4).
- The Rockets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, down from 16.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Quakers have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (1.3 above their season average).