The Saint Mary’s Gaels (20-6, 7-4 WCC) and their great offense host the Pacific Tigers (20-8, 8-4 WCC) and their stifling defense. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Pacific Tigers vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Gaels were blown out by the second-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 90-60, while the Tigers won big over the Portland Pilots, 75-55.
Pacific played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 (above their season average of 33.6) and a turnover percentage of 19.3 (worse than their season average of 16.3). Portland was 6.9 and 25.9, respectively, for those same stats. Saint Mary’s, on the other hand, forced Gonzaga into a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above their season average of 13.2). Jordan Ford had a good game for Saint Mary’s, putting up 23 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Pacific was led by Jahlil Tripp, who contributed 18 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tripp led the Tigers to a 107-99 victory. He registered a double-double with 39 points and 11 rebounds. The Tigers’ 30.8 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Gaels, who had a mark of 20.8.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Saint Mary’s (fifth in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 114.6) takes on the elite defense of Pacific (56th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 94.4). Furthermore, the Tigers are among the country’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 34th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.6 percent). The Gaels, however, rank 35th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.1 percent).
Pacific at Saint Mary’s Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Saint Mary’s, ATS Winner – Saint Mary’s, O/U – Under
- Pacific ranks 92nd in rebounds per game (37.0) while Saint Mary’s ranks 255th (32.5).
- The Gaels are third in the country with 4.1 steals allowed per game while the Tigers are 42nd with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- Pacific is third in the nation with 8.7 assists allowed per game while Saint Mary’s is eighth with 9.5 assists allowed per game.
- The Gaels rank 195th in three pointers attempted per game (20.7) while the Tigers rank 280th (16.4).
- Pacific ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Saint Mary’s ranks 82nd (3.1).
- The Gaels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 9.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.8 points per game (6.3 below their season average).