The Pacific Tigers (10-8, 0-3 WCC) will be at the Earle A. Chiles Center to go head-to-head with the Portland Pilots (7-10, 0-2 WCC) in a WCC matchup. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Pacific Tigers at Portland Pilots Betting Odds
Both teams lost big in their last matchup. The Pilots fell to the BYU Cougars, 79-56, while the Tigers were defeated by the fifth-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 67-36.
Pacific held Gonzaga to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 (below their season average of 31.5) while Portland held BYU to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below the 31.0 mark opponents have averaged against Portland this season). Portland rallied around Franklin Porter, who recorded 14 points. Anthony Townes, meanwhile had a good game for Pacific, putting up six points and seven rebounds.
The Tigers dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent matchup, Pacific won 60-58. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Pacific’s biggest strengths. They had 28 free throw attempts, while Portland had just seven. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Second-chance opportunities might be hard to find for Portland in this contest. The Pilots rank 336th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.3 percent), while Pacific ranks 10th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.3 percent).
Pacific Tigers at Portland Pilots Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Pacific, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Over
- Pacific ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Portland ranks 219th (38.1).
- The Pilots rank 67th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Tigers rank 99th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Pilots rank 188th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Tigers rank 255th (18.3).
- Portland ranks 174th in assists per game (12.6) while Pacific ranks 232nd (10.7).
- The Pilots’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (4.2 above their season average).