The NCAA’s top scoring team will be at home in McCarthey Athletic Center, when the second-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (20-1, 6-0 WCC) clash against the Pacific Tigers (15-7, 3-3 WCC). Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Pacific Tigers at Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Bulldogs won big over the BYU Cougars, 92-69, while the Tigers fell to the BYU Cougars, 74-60.
Gonzaga dominated every facet of the contest. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 (below their season average of 34.6) and a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.256). For those same stats, BYU was 3.4 and 0.088, respectively. Pacific, on the other hand, held BYU to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.0 (below their season average of 20.6). Gonzaga was led by Killian Tillie, who put up 22 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Jahlil Tripp fueled Pacific with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bulldogs dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last contest, Gonzaga won 86-66. One of Gonzaga’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-18 (83.3 percent), while the Tigers were just 8-10 (80.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The Tigers’ Tripp has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 23 points,9.4 rebounds,4.2 assists,1.4 steals per game. Meanwhile, Admon Gilder has averaged 11 points,2.0 steals during that same time frame for the Bulldogs.
It will be a showdown of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Bulldogs (ranked 42nd in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Tigers (281st in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Tigers rank 42nd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), while the Bulldogs rank 15th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.5 percent).
Pacific Tigers at Gonzaga Bulldogs Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Over
- Gonzaga ranks fifth in assists per game (18.2) while Pacific ranks 167th (12.5).
- The Tigers rank seventh in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Bulldogs rank 79th (3.2).
- Pacific ranks 44th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Gonzaga ranks 61st (5.8).
- The Bulldogs rank 173rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while the Tigers rank 284th (16.5).
- Gonzaga ranks eighth in rebounds per game (41.5) while Pacific ranks 107th (37.0).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 29.4, up from 22.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (6.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (14.0 above their season average).