The Pacific Tigers (15-5, 3-1 WCC) will be at the Leavey Center to meet the Santa Clara Broncos (15-4, 2-2 WCC) in a WCC matchup. The game begins at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Pacific Tigers at Santa Clara Broncos Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Broncos lost big to the top-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 104-54, while the Tigers were victorious over the Portland Pilots, 65-55.
The Tigers held the Pilots to an effective field goal percentage of 0.343 (below their season average of 0.520) and had a better turnover percentage (18.2 vs. 20.1). Santa Clara, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (29.1 vs. 42.4). Santa Clara rallied around Jaden Bediako, who finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Jahlil Tripp, meanwhile played a key role for Pacific with 15 points, 14 rebounds and seven assists.
The Broncos dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent game, Santa Clara won 64-59. Santa Clara’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Pacific. The Broncos had a rate of 0.317, while the Tigers posted a mark of 0.200. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the fast-paced Broncos will look to push the more grind-it-out Tigers. The Broncos rank 54th in possessions per game while the Tigers are 281st.
Pacific Tigers vs. Santa Clara Broncos ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Santa Clara, ATS Winner – Santa Clara, O/U – Over
- Santa Clara ranks 24th in assists per game (16.1) while Pacific ranks 170th (12.6).
- The Tigers rank seventh in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Broncos rank 26th (2.5).
- Pacific averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 163rd in the NCAA. Santa Clara ranks 167th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Tigers rank second in rebounds allowed per game (27.9) while the Broncos rank 139th (35.2).
- Santa Clara ranks 145th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Pacific ranks 267th (16.4).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 52.4 points per game (20.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (2.6 below their season average).