The Pacific Tigers (21-9, 9-5 WCC) will be at Albert Gersten Pavilion to challenge the Loyola Marymount Lions (10-18, 4-10 WCC) in a WCC matchup. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Pacific Tigers vs. Loyola Marymount Lions Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Lions defeated the Portland Pilots 66-58, while the Tigers beat the Santa Clara Broncos 87-74.
Pacific dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 33.0) and a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 16.4). Santa Clara had marks of 8.0 and 16.9, respectively, for those same stats. The Lions, on the other hand, knocked down 24 of their 30 free throws (80.0 percent) and held the Pilots to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below the 27.4 mark opponents have averaged against Loyola Marymount this season). Loyola Marymount rallied around Eli Scott, who had 14 points and 12 rebounds. Jahlil Tripp, meanwhile fueled Pacific with 29 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Daniss Jenkins led the Tigers to a 62-50 win. He scored a game-high 16 points. Pacific’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Tigers had eight offensive rebounds and 26 total rebounds, while the Lions had three and 20, respectively.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams battle. Loyola Marymount currently ranks 337th in possessions per game (64.6) and Pacific is 274th (67.2).
Pacific Tigers at Loyola Marymount Lions Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Marymount, ATS Winner – Loyola Marymount, O/U – Over
- Pacific ranks third in assists allowed per game (8.6) while Loyola Marymount ranks 197th (13.7).
- The Tigers rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Lions rank 127th (3.5).
- The Tigers rank 49th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Lions rank 232nd (23.9).
- Pacific ranks 114th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Loyola Marymount ranks 295th (30.3).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 60.6 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (0.5 below their season average).