The Memphis Grizzlies (5-2) will be at home in FedExForum when they clash with the Orlando Magic (5-2). Action begins at at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic at Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Magic were victorious over the New Orleans Pelicans, 115-99, in their last outing. Nikola Vucevic was Orlandos high scorer with 20 points on 9-for-17 shooting. The Magic had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.600 (above their season average of 0.553), while the Pelicans had a turnover percentage of 17.0 (above the 13.2 mark opponents have averaged against Orlando this season).
In the Grizzlies last game, they were defeated by the Charlotte Hornets, 104-99. Tyreke Evans led Memphis in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-17 shooting. Charlotte held the Grizzlies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.387 (below their season average of 0.509). Memphis, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 6.1 (better than their season average of 13.0).
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Memphis should have a substantial advantage. Since last season, the Grizzlies defense ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.505), while the Orlando offense ranks 26th in effective field goal percentage (0.495).
Orlando games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of games including Memphis have gone under. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Magic are 5-2 SU and 4-3 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 5-2 SU and 4-3 ATS.
Each team won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, the Grizzlies won 95-94. Memphis turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Orlando. The Grizzlies had a rate of 9.9, while the Magic posted a mark of 16.2.
Orlando Magic vs. Memphis Grizzlies Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Grizzlies rank fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.8) while the Magic rank 24th (13.6).
- Memphis ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.9) while Orlando ranks 14th (15.9).
- Orlando ranks 10th in fast break points per game (13.7) while Memphis ranks 27th (10.6).
- Orlando ranks 14th in blocks per game (4.9) while Memphis ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Memphis is 37-10 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Orlando is 17-7.
- The Grizzlies are 36-18 when they reach 100 points, while the Magic are 28-24.
- The Grizzlies rank fifth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Magic rank 17th (7.6).
- Memphis ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (37.6) while Orlando ranks 28th (47.2).
- The Grizzlies rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (42.3) while the Magic rank 28th (45.7).
- The Magic average 26.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 15th in the league. The Grizzlies rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (28.0).
- Memphis ranks third in assists allowed per game (19.7) while Orlando ranks 24th (23.6).