It will be a meeting between two superb defenses when the Indiana Pacers (45-31), 2-point favorites, take on the Orlando Magic (37-39) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 204.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 30, 2019.
Orlando Magic vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Magic (3.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Detroit Pistons, 115-98, while the Pacers (6.5-point underdogs) fell to the Boston Celtics, 114-112. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Orlando game went 8 points over the projected point total of 205, while the Indiana game went 9 points over the projected point total of 217.
Orlando did an excellent job of making free throws (16-20; 80.0 percent) while Indiana had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.0 (above their season average of 21.8). Indiana was led by Myles Turner, who recorded 15 points and 11 rebounds. Nikola Vucevic led the way for Orlando, finishing with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
In three contests against each other this year, the Magic have won two. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 229 points, well over the projected point total of 209. Orlando won 117-112, covering as a 3-point underdog. Orlando had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 9.1). Indiana, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (21-24; 87.5 percent). In the victory, Vucevic led all scorers with 27 points.
Games including the Magic have a tendency to finish under the O/U total (57.9 percent). Orlando comes into the contest with records of 37-39 straight up (SU) and 39-34-3 against the spread (ATS).
Pacers games also have typically finished under the O/U total (60.0 percent). Moreover, Indiana is 45-31 SU and 36-38-1 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Indiana ranks 26th in possessions per game (100.2) and Orlando is 28th (100.1). Moreover, the 22nd-ranked offense of the Magic (offensive efficiency of 106.1) will face a tough test against the third-ranked defense of the Pacers (defensive efficiency of 104.5).
Orlando Magic at Indiana Pacers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 19th in points in the paint per game (48.3) while the Magic rank 28th (43.2).
- Indiana ranks third in steals per game (8.8) while Orlando ranks 26th (6.5).
- The Pacers rank 12th in fast break points per game (14.6) while the Magic rank 27th (10.4).
- Orlando ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (32.0) while Indiana ranks 29th (25.4).
- Orlando ranks second in assists allowed per game (22.9) while Indiana ranks 13th (24.3).
- The Pacers rank third in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while the Magic rank 25th (15.0).
- The Pacers rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (43.3) while the Magic rank 15th (45.1).
- Indiana ranks 16th in second chance points per game (13.3) while Orlando ranks 25th (12.3).
- Orlando ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Indiana ranks 20th (5.2).
- When allowing below 100 points, Indiana is 24-3 and Orlando is 19-3.
- The Pacers are 40-16 when they reach the century mark, while the Magic are 33-18.
- Indiana is 22-15 ATS at home, while Orlando is 20-17-2 ATS on the road.
- The Magic have 25 unders and 14 overs in 39 road games.
- Of the Pacers’ 37 home games, they have 25 unders and 12 overs.
- In their last five games, Orlando and Indiana have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Magic are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Pacers are 1-4.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 112.6 points per game (6.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average).
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 3.7 points.