The Denver Nuggets (7-5) will be at home in Pepsi Center when they square off against the Orlando Magic (8-4). Denver opened as an 8-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 222 points. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic at Denver Nuggets Free Preview
The last time the Magic played, they were victorious over the Phoenix Suns, 128-112. Aaron Gordon was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 7-for-9 shooting. The Magic had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.354 (above their season average of 0.180) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.604 (above their season average of 0.543).
The Nuggets hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder in their last game, 102-94. Denver received a boost from Paul Millsap, who had 17 points, seven rebounds and six blocks. The Nuggets made 17 of their 22 free throws (77.3 percent) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.518 vs. 0.483).
Denver appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this matchup. The Nuggets rank sixth in offensive rebounding percentage (25.2 percent), while Orlando ranks 27th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent). Moreover, the Magic’s fourth-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.547) will battle against the Nuggets’ 23rd-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.525).
Both of these teams have typically gone under the projected point total. Games including Orlando have gone under 63.6 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Denver games have finished under. The Magic hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-4 SU and 6-5 ATS, while the Nuggets are 7-5 SU and 4-8 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Nuggets won both games last season. In the most recent matchup, Denver won 125-112. Denver had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 18.9). Orlando, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent).
Orlando Magic vs. Denver Nuggets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic average 8.4 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Nuggets rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (9.1).
- Denver ranks 12th in rebounds per game (45.0) while Orlando ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (45.9).
- Orlando averages 17.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Denver ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (21.8).
- Orlando averages 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Denver ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Orlando is 3-2 ATS on the road with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- Denver is 3-4 ATS at home with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Denver is 3-0 and Orlando is 5-0.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Magic are 8-2 and the Nuggets are 5-3.
- The Nuggets average 15.2 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Magic rank 17th in fast break points allowed per game (10.8).
- Denver ranks third in points in the paint per game (50.5) while Orlando ranks 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.0).
- The Nuggets rank second in second chance points per game (15.8) while the Magic rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- The Magic rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (29.3) while the Nuggets rank 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (31.3).
- Orlando ranks third in assists per game (25.3) while Denver ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (23.2).
- Denver is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (8.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (2.4 below their season average).