The Brooklyn Nets (26-29), 3-point favorites, will have their hands full against the NBA’s top scoring defense when they square off with the Orlando Magic (24-32) at Barclays Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212.5 points and it can be seen on YES Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Orlando Magic at Brooklyn Nets ATS Odds
The Nets dismantled the Charlotte Hornets in their last matchup, 115-86, easily covering as 4.5-point favorites. The Magic, meanwhile, were topped by the Dallas Mavericks, 122-106, and failed to cover as 4-point underdogs. The Brooklyn game went 9 points under the projected point total of 210, while the Orlando game finished 7 points over the projected point total of 221.
Brooklyn played a flawless game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.513) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 23.2). For those same stats, Charlotte was 0.420 and 16.7, respectively. Orlando, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 5.9 (better than their season average of 11.0). Brooklyn rallied around Garrett Temple, who had 15 points and 11 rebounds. Nikola Vucevic played a pivotal role for Orlando with 27 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Vucevic led the Magic to a 101-89 victory. He recorded a double-double with 11 points and 24 rebounds. Orlando covered as a 5-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 190 points, which was well under the projected point total of 212.5. Getting to the free throw line was one of Orlando’s biggest strengths. They had 31 free throw attempts, while Brooklyn had 19.
Games including the Magic have a slight tendency to finish under the O/U total (53.6 percent). Orlando holds records of 24-32 straight up (SU) and 23-29-4 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Orlando, Nets games have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (50.9 percent). Additionally, Brooklyn owns records of 26-29 SU and 27-26-2 ATS.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Brooklyn figures to have a substantial advantage. The Nets defense ranks third in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.503), while the Orlando offense is ranked 30th in effective field goal percentage (0.493). Additionally, the Magic rank third in turnover percentage (12.0 percent), while the Nets rank 26th in opponents’ turnover percentage (12.0 percent).
Orlando Magic vs. Brooklyn Nets Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank second in assists allowed per game (22.0) while the Magic rank 13th (24.0).
- Orlando ranks third in steals per game (8.6) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (6.7).
- The Magic rank first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.9) while the Nets rank 19th (17.2).
- Orlando ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.8) while Brooklyn ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Orlando ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (11.7) while Brooklyn ranks 16th (13.3).
- The Nets rank fifth in points in the paint per game (49.9) while the Magic rank 26th (44.6).
- The Magic rank first in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while the Nets rank 17th (13.3).
- Brooklyn ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (37.5) while Orlando ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (33.0).
- Brooklyn averages 48.4 rebounds per game, which ranks second in the league. Orlando ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- Orlando is 12-4 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Brooklyn is 8-1.
- The Magic are 20-13 when they reach 100 points, while the Nets are 26-22.
- Brooklyn is 16-12 ATS at home, while Orlando is 13-12-2 ATS on the road.
- Of the Magic’s 27 road games, they have 14 overs, 12 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Nets’ 28 home games, they have 14 unders, 13 overs and 1 push.
- The Nets are 4-0-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Magic are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn has 4 unders and 1 over, while Orlando has 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 6.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Brooklyn has been defeated by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (7.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.2 points per game (9.5 above their season average).