The Orlando Magic (6-7) will be at Capital One Arena to challenge the Washington Wizards (3-9) in a Southeast Division matchup. The game can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Orlando Magic at Washington Wizards ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last matchup. The Wizards (3.5-point underdogs) defeated the Miami Heat 116-110, while the Magic (4-point favorite) beat the New York Knicks 115-89. The Washington game went 2 points over the projected point total of 224, while the Orlando game went 17.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5.
The Magic forced 19 turnovers and held the Knicks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.381 (below their season average of 0.489). Washington, meanwhile, played a perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.337 (above their season average of 0.237) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 18.0). Miami was 0.227 and 31.1, respectively, for those same stats. Washington was led by John Wall, who finished with 28 points and nine assists. Nikola Vucevic had a good game for Orlando, recording 21 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Vucevic led the Magic to a 117-108 win. He registered a double-double with 21 points and 14 rebounds. Orlando covered as a 4-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 225 points, which was just over the projected point total of 221.5. The Magic’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Wizards. Orlando had a rate of 25.6, while Washington posted a mark of 16.2.
Of the Magic’s 12 games that accepted bets, eight have finished under the total. Orlando holds records of 6-7 straight up (SU) and 5-7 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Orlando, Wizards games have typically finished over the projected point total (66.7 percent). Moreover, Washington is 3-9 SU and 3-9 ATS.
The Magic’s Terrence Ross has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 13.2 points per game. Meanwhile, Dwight Howard has averaged 12.5 points and 8.0 rebounds during that same time frame for the Wizards.
This game should be a matchup of opposite paces. Washington has preferred an up-tempo style of play (ninth in possessions per game), while Orlando has been more half-court-oriented (21st in possessions per game).
Orlando Magic vs. Washington Wizards Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
- The Magic rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (32.2) while the Wizards rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (32.3).
- Orlando ranks sixth in assists per game (25.5) while Washington ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (26.8).
- The Magic rank third in steals allowed per game (6.4) while the Wizards rank 13th (7.4).
- Orlando ranks 18th in rebounds per game (44.3) while Washington ranks 28th (40.1).
- Orlando averages 6.2 blocks per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Washington ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- The Magic rank eighth in second chance points per game (14.8) while the Wizards rank 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (16.3).
- The Wizards rank 19th in points in the paint per game (46.0) while the Magic rank 27th (42.5).
- Orlando ranks 19th in fast break points per game (11.8) while Washington ranks 24th in fast break points allowed per game (16.3).
- Washington ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (20.8) while Orlando ranks 15th (16.7).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Washington is 1-0 and Orlando is 2-0.
- The Wizards are 3-8 when they reach the century mark, while the Magic are 5-2.
- Orlando is 3-1 ATS on the road, while Washington is 1-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 3 of the Wizards’ 4 home games, while 2 of the Magic’s 4 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Orlando and Washington are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Magic have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Wizards have 3 overs and 2 unders,
- The Magic have outscored opponents by an average of 7.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Orlando has been defeated by an average of 4.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.0 points per game (4.3 below their season average).